weapon choice 04/29/2013 05:40 PM CDT

just curious what weapons people are using with TWC these days.

my halfling warrior is swing 2 backswords at 5 rt.
Re: weapon choice 04/29/2013 06:40 PM CDT
My galI carries a number of weapons. Some are weighted, some normal/blessed for undead foes.

Axe and backsword
Two katars
two sais

Are the most comonly used combinations. Her agi/dex scores (hale elf) are good enough she can use even 2 handaxes if needed with the off weapon having normal RT.

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me
Re: weapon choice 04/29/2013 08:01 PM CDT
I've got a halfling warrior that uses fist-scythes. And years ago when I was using two weapon combat I had a pair of falchions, longswords, short swords, and daggers. Being a giantman I could afford to carry around a number of weapons, as a halfling I suggest you find what works for you the best and only carry those, try out handaxes, longswords, and short swords. Backswords aren't usually the best mechanically but if you like the look and feel of using them stick with it I say.
Re: weapon choice 04/29/2013 08:31 PM CDT

well they are working good for me at 18, but i'm not sure they will do the job at 35 unless i can get some weighing. and i might not be overly happy with them now except the one has lightning flare. guess i should get some cheep weapons just to try out other combinations. i really wish main gauche was worth using for the rp feel.
Re: weapon choice 04/29/2013 08:44 PM CDT

Capped rogue.

Two daggers FOR LIFE.

-E
Re: weapon choice 04/29/2013 09:47 PM CDT
>>Capped rogue.

Two daggers FOR LIFE.<<

Do note that this is a skewed recommemdation. Key words here: "capped rogue". A capped rogue usually has enough ambush training to plant a dagger in a critter's eye, from hiding, on a reasonably consistent basis. Lesser mortals may want to use a heavier hitting weapon and aim for a larger body target. This is especially true if you are fighting a larger size target, and need to chop off a leg before you can go for the neck/head/eye.

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me
Re: weapon choice 04/29/2013 10:35 PM CDT
Capped rogue.

Two katanas.

.jaired
>LIKE A BOSS
Please rephrase that command.
Re: weapon choice 04/29/2013 11:30 PM CDT
>>well they are working good for me at 18, but i'm not sure they will do the job at 35 unless i can get some weighing.

All the weapons I used were 4x no weighting although some were flaring. You could hunt all the way to cap with just 4x weapons, it is just usually more fun to have better gear. You haven't said what level you are but I'd suggest getting to 30 ranks of MoC pretty quickly, by level 20 or so if you can. Then letting it slide down to 1x while you work on armor and dodge more. Having the ability to focus mstrike a creature twice makes two weapon combat more fun, and as you gain levels and hit more MoC thresholds it gets even better. Also if you haven't done so, learn hamstring and wspec for your weapons, halflings get a nice bonus with the maneuver and it quickly becomes a very nice method of putting things on the ground.
Re: weapon choice 05/02/2013 06:25 PM CDT
My mid-50s ambushing rogue has been using a shortsword and dagger to date. I've been pondering switching to dual daggers but am seriously giving consideration to going shortsword and main-gauche instead.

Short sword is 7x earth flaring. Dagger is 5x.

-- Robert
Re: weapon choice 05/02/2013 11:10 PM CDT

>>Do note that this is a skewed recommemdation. Key words here: "capped rogue". A capped rogue usually has enough ambush training to plant a dagger in a critter's eye, from hiding, on a reasonably consistent basis. Lesser mortals may want to use a heavier hitting weapon and aim for a larger body target. This is especially true if you are fighting a larger size target, and need to chop off a leg before you can go for the neck/head/eye.<<

Around level 80, I switched to twin daggers for everything. Earlier would have been possible had I not trained 2x pick/disarm.

-E
Re: weapon choice 05/03/2013 08:32 AM CDT
My 45th level Thief has been using twin daggers--granted, he usually only goes for the neck rather than the eye--for about 3-6 levels already. (When he was on the glacier he still used a short sword in the right hand, for the added punch.)

Speed kills. The US military has been espousing this for years.