Gold rings 08/20/2018 02:58 PM CDT
I find gold rings to be really useful and several characters of mine hold onto them rather then sell them to the pawn cause they're the most convenient way to get into certain places (even my sorcerer, why start a hunt down 40 mana when I can just pop a gold ring on?). The problem I have with them is that, with all the different adjectives they have, they're always listed individually in my containers when I have the SortedView flag on... making it hard to tell at a glance how many I'm carrying.

I know others find the different adjectives handy for setting rings to different locations and remembering which is set to where, so I won't ask to have them removed. However, if we could TAP them to remove the adjective and just have "a gold ring" or even have it cycle through the different adjectives so I could set all the ones I have to be the same, I would consider this a nice QOL improvement.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Gold rings 08/20/2018 03:10 PM CDT
Like it.

What I'd really like, in addition, is some way to 'dup' a ring's current setting to another ring.

Maybe a device similar to the chrono-orb thingie, where I can load up 5 rings already set to five destinations, then keep putting rings in a slot and they also get set to that slot's destination.

Extend that to all the slot related multi ring scenarios (belts, amulets, gauntlets) and I'd be a really happy camper.

Doug
Re: Gold rings 08/20/2018 03:22 PM CDT
I too would like to be able to have the plain old "a gold ring" back--or be able to easily convert the <various> ones to plain, as described.

How about just 'flip'/'turn' the chronomage orb thingie over, and that's where the stacks of rings go? Load 'em in like Pez dispensers.
Down side would be that each of those stacks would be pre-set to a specific town, and what if you want one for outside Varunar and one for the GraveYard and one for the Glacier and one for the Misty Chamber and... Those are all "Wehnimer's Landing", though.
Re: Gold rings 08/20/2018 07:24 PM CDT

>hard to tell at a glance how many I'm carrying.

One option is SORT CLUSTER RING IN MY <container>

That should give a total.

:D

Askip
Re: Gold rings 08/20/2018 07:56 PM CDT
<One option is SORT CLUSTER RING IN MY>

Yer, and the gold rings are still spread out in my container when I LOOK into it rather then condensed down... that's also a lot to type out just to count my rings.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Gold rings 08/20/2018 08:07 PM CDT

>the gold rings are still spread out in my container

The Sort verb should bring them all to the top as well as give a count.

Agreed, that does not help reduce the adjective verbage.

Re: Gold rings 08/21/2018 06:31 AM CDT
Then there's the fact that if you use "which container it's in" as your sorting mechanism--so Icemule is in the sack, Solhaven in the satchel, Misty Chamber is in the...--rather than the adjective on the ring itself, there's only ever going to be a single ring in any given container. <cough>
Re: Gold rings 08/21/2018 08:19 AM CDT
I always have at least two rings for each location, I do not want to lose the very last one if navved on the way back to town.

>sort cluster ring in pouch
1 item matching "a twisted gold ring" was moved.
1 item matching "a braided gold ring" was moved.
In total, 2 items in a midnight blue velvet gem pouch worked with a pattern of burnt-edged scrolls with a noun of "ring" were moved to the top of the container.
>

Re: Gold rings 08/21/2018 10:08 AM CDT
SIMUCOIN ones always have the same description, and only get navved on schedule.

That and the urchins are the regular uses for my monthly freebies.
Re: Gold rings 08/21/2018 01:14 PM CDT
Label those rings, then you never get them confused.

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews