Collectibles thread 07/30/2018 03:31 PM CDT

Hello, I have an information processing disability that makes every option on these boards seem like a million options and i can't find the thread on "collectibles" in order to ask my question. My question is with regard to sellability at the pawnshop.

anyone mind linking the proper thread?

-p
Re: Collectibles thread 07/30/2018 03:52 PM CDT

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/213/2294/view/1287
Re: Collectibles thread 07/30/2018 03:55 PM CDT

holy crap, i found it on my own? Mark this day on your calendar peoples

Question:

I keep selling figurines. Am i selling all of the other collectibles too? I know i'm not selling the pendant.... ok, question (jerry seinfeld voice)

What's the deal with selling collectibles?

-p
Re: Collectibles thread 07/30/2018 04:25 PM CDT
>I keep selling figurines. Am i selling all of the other collectibles too?

You are probably throwing them away after being told they are valueless. All the others I've checked have had too low a pawn value to be sellable.
Re: Collectibles thread 07/30/2018 06:01 PM CDT

nope. i sold one for 500 silver to the pawnshop. was watching.

-p
Re: Collectibles thread 07/30/2018 07:18 PM CDT
I don't understand the question. Do you mean why is your script selling them?

For most collectibles, you have the option to sell them at a gemshop and/or pawnshop instead of chasing the sets and rewards.

Some may not have value in either of those shops, but should always be able to be DEPOSITed in the collectible shop for credit toward a set. Or traded to another player.
Re: Collectibles thread 07/30/2018 08:32 PM CDT

That answers the question. Some the NPCs say "not our area" and some the NPCs say "here's some money"

that's the way the system works? I was looking if there was a standard that was being breached by selling these miniature ranger figurines because they are/should not be able to be sold, or, if the way it is is the way it is and I better get tinkering with my scripts.

Thanks

-p
Re: Collectibles thread 07/31/2018 07:31 AM CDT
>For most collectibles, you have the option to sell them at a gemshop and/or pawnshop instead of chasing the sets and rewards.

In my experience most aren't sellable.

You ought to have the option of selling at the pawn, but the pawn refuses them for being worthless (and the gemshop for not being gems).
Re: Collectibles thread 07/31/2018 09:22 AM CDT
As a side note, things like the figurines and statuettes that used to generate (before this system got added) contained the word "collectible" in their LoreSong.
(i.e. If you could find sucke-- <cough> some kind person who was collecting "agate-inset pewter <whatever>" you could sell them all of the "agate-inset pewter <whatever>s" that you found.)

GMs! I would like for things which are NOT collectible--via this new "collect" verb & system--to NO LONGER say "collectible" in their LoreSong.
Re: Collectibles thread 07/31/2018 02:19 PM CDT
+1 to loresong adjustment
Re: Collectibles thread 07/31/2018 02:42 PM CDT

>In my experience most aren't sellable.

You're not finding enough miniature ranger figurines; at 500 silvers a pop, you could be a thousandaire!
Re: Collectibles thread 07/31/2018 02:49 PM CDT
<You ought to have the option of selling at the pawn, but the pawn refuses them for being worthless (and the gemshop for not being gems).>

I noticed the other day that when you APPRAISE a container at the gem shop either the statuettes or figurines (I'm not sure which one it was, but it was one of the two) are not counted as a piece of jewelry they'll buy, but if you remove it from the container and appraise the item it's self they will make an offer.

Personally, I'd prefer collectables just not be sellable at any NPC so I don't accidentally sell them (at least until I get into the habit of checking box found items before going to the gem/pawn). I realize that there are probably those not interested in dealing with them though, so as long as they aren't included in the items sold when I SELL CLOAK at the gemshop I'll be happy.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Collectibles thread 08/05/2018 07:52 AM CDT
Referencing back to my request in #1345...

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the plate is as a decorative or collectible item.
>The platinum plate does not appear to be a collectible.

This verse right here in the LoreSong is what I'm talking about. "It's collectible! Yeah, it's not collectible."
Re: Collectibles thread 08/05/2018 01:49 PM CDT
Any chance collectables could be a category with the new LOOT verb? As it stands now the verb just leaves them in the box....

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Collectibles thread 08/12/2018 06:00 PM CDT
Any chance collectables could be a category with the new LOOT verb? As it stands now the verb just leaves them in the box....

Second this please. Or at least put collectibles into the default or trinket category. Or make them "scripted" so they can't be accidentally thrown out. Anything, really. I trusted the new LOOT verb a little too much and ended up trashing the ethereal pendant collectible (too late to retrieve once I realized). Hope those aren't too rare or valuable!