Suddenly massively rich 04/03/2018 02:07 AM CDT
Is there a huge hunting push or a rash of silver farming shifting hunting pressure all of a sudden? I'm starting to worry I'm inadvertently exploiting a bug or glitch...

The last couple days I haven't been able to hunt more then 5 minutes before running out of room for the loot and finding enhansives right and left... I've never averaged hauls like this in all the time I've been in Elanthia and I've had some pretty impressive streaks in the past.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Suddenly massively rich 04/03/2018 08:22 AM CDT
Wish I could say the same- my hunting areas all seem poor.

Spill the beans! Where are you hunting? :>
Re: Suddenly massively rich 04/03/2018 09:10 AM CDT
During the 'big events' (Duskruin and so on), I typically see my areas' treasure bump back up a bit (creatures would drop diamond/emerald again, rather than pearl/sapphire).

The last four areas I've been in--Thanatoph with stone trolls & giants; inside the Illoke Stronghold; over on Wehntoph with yeti & krag beasties; now in the Red Forest with treekin--have been routinely what I deem to be "good" treasure when I got there, regular appearance of diamond/emerald and a goodly number of pearl/sapphire/black opals. If other folks show up in bulk, yes it has declined, but for the most part they vanish pretty quickly.
(And if they are pushing my treasure down, as I say, I wait for Duskruin to distract them for two weeks, and I'm right back in the money.)

Yesterday morning I did about 15 minutes (one full Song cycle, plus five minutes for a quartz orb I found along the way). Between drops and what was in the boxes, I have 10 diamonds and 2 emeralds to Purify.
(One box had two diamonds and an emerald, so. Yeah.)

Eventually I may get around to trying this whole "boost loot" thing...
(I'm fibbing: I think I've used a half-dozen or so, down in stone giants, but honestly, I never felt the need. Plenty good enough as-is.)
Re: Suddenly massively rich 04/03/2018 02:56 PM CDT
<Yesterday morning I did about 15 minutes (one full Song cycle, plus five minutes for a quartz orb I found along the way). Between drops and what was in the boxes, I have 10 diamonds and 2 emeralds to Purify.
(One box had two diamonds and an emerald, so. Yeah.)>

That's what? About 60k in gems pre purification?

Add an enhansive, a scroll with high level spells, and a bunch of misc magical loot and you've just about got what I've been dropping my jaw at.

<Spill the beans! Where are you hunting?>

seekers

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Suddenly massively rich 04/03/2018 03:55 PM CDT
"<I have 10 diamonds and 2 emeralds to Purify.
(One box had two diamonds and an emerald, so. Yeah.)>

That's what? About 60k in gems pre purification?" -- Starchitin, quoting & replying to Me

Pre? That's the general ballpark, but probably a little bit high.

Of those:
- probably at least 2 are going to be natural orbs (seems to be about my standard), so no increase possible;
- most likely another 2-3 are going to get orbed as I go along (some on the first verse, which means barely an increase in value, but others after a few and still others late-game [7-10 verses]);
- and I expect at least one to blow my fool hand off even without me pushing the envelope (i.e. it blows while still in the 'safe' messaging).

But any that I get to run the full progression on--diamonds & emeralds usually take two verses of 'hum', whereas pearls & sapphires usually only get one 'hum'--routinely sell for 9.5-11.1k, depending.
(I have a highly INFluential 18th level Bard with fully doubled Trading doing all of the actual sales.)

And again: that was just the diamonds & emeralds. I seem to find about
1 uncut ruby each hunt,
a handful of sundry pearls [Purify all but 'tiny', but I loresing those to see if any are Rechargeable],
cheap (violet, yellow, green) & quality (pink, blue) sapphires by the handful each hunt,
usually a wand or three (I know a friendly Mage to Duplicate 'em...),
and typically ~3 opals, at least one of them black (quality) and the others not (fire, white).

Add in the barks & beards to sell off beforehand, in order to have enough silvers on-hand to pay Larton to open all the boxes, and it makes for a tidy little haul.

Medley ends in about 10 minutes, I can usually get in one 'boost longterm' by the mid-way mark, and head back fried just before 'stop singing', and done. Strip off the Enhancives, sell everything, logout, get dressed & go to work.

Repeat that before Jeopardy, and before bed.
Re: Suddenly massively rich 04/03/2018 08:49 PM CDT
Final tally from that hunt (including boxes, blow-ups [4], orbs [kept 1, because of value], and duped wands):
a black opal, a black opal, a tiny pink pearl, a small white pearl, a tiny grey pearl, a medium black pearl, a small white pearl, a tiny pink pearl, a small grey pearl, a large pink pearl, a tiny black pearl, a pink sapphire, an uncut ruby, an uncut emerald, an uncut emerald, an uncut emerald, an uncut diamond, an uncut diamond, an uncut diamond, an uncut diamond, an uncut diamond, an uncut diamond, an uncut diamond, an iron wand, an iron wand, a twisted wand, a twisted wand, a clear glass wand, a clear glass wand, a polished bloodwood wand, a polished bloodwood wand, a clear glass wand, a clear glass wand, a diamond-set gold ewer, a wrinkled viper skin shawl, a sparkling dragonfire opal brooch, an uncut ruby, an orase runestaff [loresings at 100k, plain +20].

[My mistake earlier: it was only eight diamonds + 3 emeralds, not 10 & 2 as I had said.]

Net deposit: 181695 silvers and the 35k note for the runestaff.

15 minutes of hunt, 5 minutes of Larton, and about 40 minutes of singing/healing/selling.
Re: Suddenly massively rich 04/03/2018 10:20 PM CDT
That's cause bards cheat....

Starchitin

Re: Suddenly massively rich 04/04/2018 08:30 AM CDT
That one was abnormally high, because of the note-worthy item...
...and then when I went to do two more hunts last night for additional data, I found a 600k (three-Enhancive imbeddable, all crumbly) that went for another 35k. <snort>

So on those two hunts, things were more in line with what I think of as 'normal': one was 120k, one was 150k.

This morning was abnormally low, only 86k.

<look at data>

I'm going to say about ~135-140k per hunt... <cough>

I have not yet quantified whether I would be better off just selling it all straight up, and getting back out to the field sooner for a fresh round of raw material (to get sold without fiddling). On the other hand, the time spent singing to it all is perfectly well spent absorbing experience, and hey: blown apart hands are just nothing but free experience for the Healer, amiright?!?!
Re: Suddenly massively rich 04/04/2018 02:52 PM CDT
<blown apart hands are just nothing but free experience for the Healer, amiright?!?!>

You're forgetting about the LT experience for letting a healer take it rather then using herbs....

Starchitin