Weapons 01/22/2018 02:39 PM CST
So, I know I could prolly go to the weapon shop and get this, but with all the factors that can affect prices (stats, race, training, citizenship, etc) and not every weapon being sold in every shop, I'm hoping someone can save me some time and effort.

Does anyone have a list of base weapon prices (what a plain 0x version costs) they can copy/paste here?

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Weapons 01/22/2018 03:53 PM CST
Each shop's inventory is probably already listed at the wiki for you...

https://gswiki.play.net/Category:Weapon_Shops

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
;tune towncrier

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
TownCrier News Dailies via Email: http://bit.ly/2ivAJfw
Re: Weapons 01/22/2018 09:08 PM CST
>>probably already listed at the wiki

I went there, too. And then I considered who posted the request (Starchie's a pretty self-sufficient kinda player), so I reread and reconsidered the request. And looked at the gaps.

For actual factuals, it has to come from team RED. And I'm not happy saying that, mind.

Doug
Re: Weapons 01/23/2018 06:28 AM CST
>For actual factuals, it has to come from team RED. And I'm not happy saying that, mind.

Loresong. Buy the lot and loresing them. I suspect the Mist Harbor pawn could be used too, with a little calibration, to get greater precision than the loresong gives. I haven't done it and I don't recall anyone ever posting that they had done it either, but it is player achievable.

>Each shop's inventory is probably already listed at the wiki for you...

Doesn't mean it was listed by a character with zero price affecting factors active, or that the shop sells at the base. Shops have their own modifiers too. You need a common place to do the transaction/appraisal and a bard to calibrate any factors its putting on the price.

Re: Weapons 01/23/2018 11:07 AM CST
I forget all these details! :blush:

I will have a talk with my banker and see about buying some weapons to document. With an Elf. With only a couple trading ranks anymore (Ach, that part of the last fixskill hurt..)

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
;tune towncrier

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
TownCrier News Dailies via Email: http://bit.ly/2ivAJfw
Re: Weapons 01/23/2018 12:53 PM CST
>>Loresong

I'm struggling with the linkage from value (loresong / pawn) and shop base price. What do you know that I don't, Rath?

No, wait. . . that will take too long.

Is there a direct correlation, Rath?

There, that's better. I'm thinking a human, 50 stat in INF, 0 bonus in INF, 0 level (no training) bankrolled in IMT, Landing and Mist Harbor will get there faster than Bard / Pawn correlation and trying to calculate 'PawnItemClassFactor'. But I'm continually impressed with what you know.

So, wow me.

Doug
Re: Weapons 01/23/2018 03:37 PM CST
> 'PawnItemClassFactor'

Shops do this too. Every so often you'll see someone posting about "mistakes" in shop prices because they've noticed the same thing is priced differently in different towns. If you don't check for the shop factor, some of your list may be out because of it. I expect most weapons in most towns are at the base price, but there are probably exceptions and they need to be checked for if you want to have a definitive list.
Re: Weapons 01/23/2018 03:40 PM CST
Ok, with ya.

I might fool around with this, just for grins. Thanks for the insight.

Doug
Re: Weapons 01/23/2018 06:31 PM CST
<Each shop's inventory is probably already listed at the wiki for you...>

Yer, I checked there before making my post. The inventory of all those shops IS listed, but none of the prices are.

<I went there, too. And then I considered who posted the request (Starchie's a pretty self-sufficient kinda player), so I reread and reconsidered the request. And looked at the gaps.>

I have a reputation! Wahoo!

<For actual factuals, it has to come from team RED. And I'm not happy saying that, mind.>

This is what I'm afraid of. For my purposes close enough would do.... but to get wiki postable results I would want the exact numbers. Unfortunately, without knowing things like which races/professions are neither discriminated against or favored (we all know dark elves get screwed at almost every shop and EN shops love elves, but I've got little clue beyond that).

<Buy the lot and loresing them. I suspect the Mist Harbor pawn could be used too, with a little calibration, to get greater precision than the loresong gives. I haven't done it and I don't recall anyone ever posting that they had done it either, but it is player achievable.>

Hhhmmm, I do have a human bard (that I rarely dust off outside the week after EG). I'm thinking if she bought the weapons and compared what she pays to the loresong value, it should be the base price if they match?

Prolly too easy of a solution to actually work... and I'd have to get my bard out of RR to do it (there's a lot of weapons sold there, but not all weapon bases are).

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.