Please fix broken treasure system 09/12/2017 08:45 PM CDT
The value of 4x, 5x, and even 6x enchanted items has been destroyed by Duskruin and numerous merchants offering these items. It has completely devalued wizard enchanting, and it is simply ridiculous right now.

Please stop spitting out veil iron, golvern, rolaren, and other rare metals as much as they are at Duskruin type events. You can find other ways to release items that sell for 35K at the pawnshop.

Please stop producing enchanted leather armors from the treasure system - let's let wizard enchants mean something again?

These don't have to stop - just tone it down so that they are actually rare items that we can be excited about getting. This may take a long time to fix, but you should start right now.

Please make GM-made items appear in specialized boxes so that we can get excited about these.

Please add more altered items and GM-made trinkets into the treasure system. Hell, throw in some stuff that was available at DR, even clothing. Go back into the database from events like the 1990's Juggernaut and throw some of that fluff into the hopper. Stuff like this will not hurt if it's in low quantities, but it will promote nostalgia and increase player (at least this player's) satisfaction.

Why can't you go back into some characters that haven't logged on in 15+ years and just copy some of their items and alterations. Some of us would even appreciate the bad ones.

It can't even remember the last obviously GM box-found that I got. Make them meaningful (and let them even be somewhat powerful).

Please give us more reasons to actually PLAY THE GAME than pay for the game with simucoins.
Re: Please fix broken treasure system 09/12/2017 09:00 PM CDT
I like some of these ideas. +1

Doug
Re: Please fix broken treasure system 09/12/2017 09:22 PM CDT
I like the idea of breathing some new life into the treasure system! Even finding a new gem can be pretty exciting for awhile.

Just to add to the ideas - how about adding certain items in for a limited time only (e.g. special gem can only be found in loot during the month of May, parts to build your own toy mechanical dragon can only be found during the month of April, hopefully you get the idea even if you don't like my specific suggestions.) Go with the 'treasure of the month' or 'treasure of the quarter'.

And yeah, I used to think fireleaf was super cool... until I could build a log cabin out of the stuff just picking up what people were tossing to the pawnshop.

RE: More reasons to PLAY vs. PAY. That's a point I keep trying to make with regard to the purchasing power of silver (but the treasure system fits in nicely with this as well). We'll see where we end up a year or two down the road - the S / P / W update seems a good step in a positive direction though!

Last point: Agree on the spewing of enchanted items like they are smooth stones (I think smooth stones are probably less common these days actually) but the recent enchanting of S/P/W items has definitely brought some value back to enchanting to help offset that.

-- Robert

P.S. I still think fireleaf is pretty cool but it has lost some of its magic due to it not really being rare any more.
Re: Please fix broken treasure system 09/12/2017 10:25 PM CDT
I'd suggest more consideration be made in the QC process for the player service economy. General items that need a (PC) picker, or enchanter, or healer, or bard, or whatever, would be nice. The instanced areas or bandits that don't generate boxes, for example, aren't helping. As Kalah says, now that wizards can enchant most things, it'd be great to see "mithril" as regular 1x mithril more often in event shops. I know it's not much, but it's not a tremendous process to enchant mithril or 0x up to 4x, and it gives enchanters something to do besides camping on their major projects. Unless there are perfectly-forged items, ensorcelled items, etc. in the hopper, it doesn't make much sense to put extra-enchanted items in there.

As far as materials go, that's a bigger project but I think every material could have a strength and a weakness. Maybe it's a strength vs. a group of spells, or an element, or a type of critter. Maybe it's a strength for certain races, or for certain deities. That would give people a reason to work on improving an ora weapon, say, or a glaes weapon, instead of something that's light or naturally sighted or whatever. There's a ton of room for improvement with materials, especially since the ST/DU numbers are now useless memory overhead.
Re: Please fix broken treasure system 09/13/2017 01:48 AM CDT
>>Please give us more reasons to actually PLAY THE GAME than pay for the game with simucoins.

I like all of the suggestions in Kalah's post but this bears repeating!

>>You slay me woman! ~ Wyrom

https://gswiki.play.net/Rohese_Bayvel-Timsh'l
Re: Please fix broken treasure system 09/13/2017 07:12 AM CDT
Adding my agreement with the OP. Good post.

Chad, player of a few
Re: Please fix broken treasure system 09/15/2017 02:54 PM CDT

f
Re: Please fix broken treasure system 09/15/2017 02:56 PM CDT

Coming from someone who has come back after about 15 years, I think the most amazing thing in the world would be if they copied the items on all the characters that have not longed on in 15 years and let the people that really love this game appreciate them again. Raffle them off, let people find them randomly on high critters or such. I sold my character long ago, finally got him back today. Would trade my real life car to have all his old items back. Just for the memories and nostalgia and so forth.
Re: Please fix broken treasure system 09/15/2017 03:09 PM CDT
I've got dibs on Oghier, Strom, Fxg, Maruko, Blades, Oberon, and Kodos' lockers!
Re: Please fix broken treasure system 09/15/2017 06:27 PM CDT
I'll call dibs on Odds', Thalior's, and Dart's then...

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
;tune towncrier
Re: Please fix broken treasure system 09/15/2017 08:27 PM CDT
Dart sold his stuff to Tedra, though, so you'd probably do better to look there.
Re: Please fix broken treasure system 09/15/2017 09:28 PM CDT
>Dart sold his stuff to Tedra, though,

OK, then Passion and Phaedra.

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
;tune towncrier
Re: Please fix broken treasure system 09/15/2017 10:11 PM CDT
Wow.... a lot of names I haven't seen in a long time...

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Please fix broken treasure system 09/17/2017 10:30 AM CDT
"Passion" -- Luxelle

When I was writing my first ones, Enegue & Sagan leapt to mind.

I think we should exempt anyone who has legitimately taken their items to grave. (raise a glass to fallen comrades)
Re: Please fix broken treasure system 09/17/2017 10:33 AM CDT
Oh, dear, I had no idea...Now you've made me cry. :(

You are right, they should be exempted. Sigh.

---
;tune towncrier