Duplicated items from Duskruin in regular treasure feeders 09/20/2016 04:26 PM CDT
I have to ask. Is there a reason why items from the Duskruin digging that were considered a "t5" win were duplicated and put into the regular treasure feeders?

There are now two sets of the following:

a blackened faewood case decorated with ruby and obsidian runes (beltworn, holds medium, scripted)
a blackened faewood scepter with a ruby-eyed obsidian drake headpiece (5x, fire flares)
some blackened spidersilk robes trimmed with ruby and obsidian runes (4x, moderately resist to fire attacks)
a fiery red ruby ring flecked with obsidian (crumbly rechargeable 1706)
a blackened palimpsest scribed with fiery red ink (906, 908, 519)

...which makes me kind of sad, because less unique special snowflake. :(

~Issalya

Liia says, "Just for you."
Liia says, "SHUN ME."
You stare darkly at Liia then stick your nose up and turn your head away from her with a snap.
Liia kisses you tenderly on the nose.
Re: Duplicated items from Duskruin in regular treasure feeders 10/11/2016 11:03 AM CDT
>>I have to ask. Is there a reason why items from the Duskruin digging that were considered a "t5" win were duplicated and put into the regular treasure feeders?

I have to bump this because yet another item that was a t5 from Duskruin digging (a painted mistwood hat box, a brushed chocolate suede hat with a flared brim) was duplicated and put into the regular treasure feeders.

The only thing you're teaching me by doing this is to not spend money on Duskruin, because any neat find is just going to be duplicated and popped into the regular treasure feeder to be found while hunting.

~Issalya

Vaein asks, "Did I mention your hair looks nice?"
Vaein adds, "And your owls uh...got a nice smile."
Re: Duplicated items from Duskruin in regular treasure feeders 10/11/2016 12:45 PM CDT
Besides the few things at Duskruin that were designated as being "single items", was anything ever promised as being unique?

It could be that it was a really good treasure box... that happened to contain something that you had seen before.

I asked about this a long time ago--Fawn was still in charge--and she mentioned that some times GMs will make what they think is "A Really Cool Looking Item!" that turns out to have been influenced by, or even have exactly the same description as, something else that already exists.
I even offered two specific examples to her, and she said that yes, they could very well be cases of exactly this happening.
(One was a word-for-word identical item as Maruko's old wonder-sword... mine was a +15 short sword. [I eventually sold that one.] The other I still have, and is a word-for-word identical item as something from one of the early web Auctions... mine is +10 with lightning flares.)
Re: Duplicated items from Duskruin in regular treasure feeders 10/11/2016 01:51 PM CDT
The Duskruin Dig used the standard treasure items that you'd find in the feeder for T5. That was even in the original write-up of the event. Many items are duplicated, not just here, but everywhere. EG feeders, Spitfire feeders, etc.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Duplicated items from Duskruin in regular treasure feeders 10/11/2016 05:02 PM CDT
Two very nice finds in one month. Congrats! In all the years that I've played I've never been that lucky.

Where do you hunt? ;)

Chad, player of a few
Re: Duplicated items from Duskruin in regular treasure feeders 10/11/2016 05:45 PM CDT
>>Where do you hunt? ;)

Platinum. :)

~Issalya

Vaein asks, "Did I mention your hair looks nice?"
Vaein adds, "And your owls uh...got a nice smile."
Re: Duplicated items from Duskruin in regular treasure feeders 10/11/2016 08:56 PM CDT
There's also a good chance that the items were only removed in Prime, come to think of it. But we do duplicate a lot of treasure items for descriptions. Sometimes properties are slightly different.

Wyrom, PM