Pawn Shop Suggestions 09/18/2016 08:19 PM CDT

Things in a pawnshop might move faster with those 6 digit price tags if we had a way of knowing what they did.

Many of the items pawned had a bard loresing them just before they were pawned.

Why can't we get the item in the pawnshop and see that information like in a playershop?

... alternately, why can't we loresing to an item on a pawnshop table?

Do the prices in the pawnshop go down after they have been there a week?

This is what happens when a bardess wanders around too long while not in her home town. She starts wondering about this stuff! And...why not!

~L.

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)
Re: Pawn Shop Suggestions 09/19/2016 07:46 AM CDT
>Things in a pawnshop might move faster with those 6 digit price tags if we had a way of knowing what they did.
It would be nice, but then again, sometimes the mystery is where the excitement lies. Sadly, I've picked up a few items that had 120K+ for the price tag only to find out the item had some crummy enhancive on it that didn't match what the item was (ie: THW that gave a shield skill bonus)

>Why can't we get the item in the pawnshop and see that information like in a playershop?

Most likely this would require a re-write of how information is stored and showed for the pawnshop system. Probably be a decent sized task.

Also, items are rotated in the pawnshop (not fast, but it does happen). Times I've stood in there, all of a sudden one of the pawnshop helpers comes by and removes X item and puts Y item down in its place - the system would have to keep track of what every item on the table and off the table that it puts out there.

>Do the prices in the pawnshop go down after they have been there a week?

No, they don't. They only really go down based on a few things (which you probably are already aware of):
INFLUENCE bonus (higher is better)
Trading skill (more is better)
Race (don't be a dark elf and after that, half-krolvin and you should get okay price brakes or small price hikes for all other races)
citizenship??? - I know you get small price breaks buying things from the herbalist and such, not sure if it applies to buying at the pawnshop in the town you're a citizen of.

Maybe a bard bounty could be created for this task of identifying items at the pawnshop. You'd go to the adventurer's bounty building and ask for a bounty. If you're a bard of a certain skill (level) you may get a bounty to loresing items for the pawnshop. You'd go to a booth in the pawnshop and the broker would bring 6-12 items and as you do a successful loresing on all steps of the item, the item is then placed on a loresung table where the information is written to a sign for that table.

-Drumpel
Re: Pawn Shop Suggestions 09/19/2016 08:41 AM CDT
Can items on tables be LoreSung to?
Re: Pawn Shop Suggestions 09/19/2016 10:38 AM CDT
<Also, items are rotated in the pawnshop (not fast, but it does happen). Times I've stood in there, all of a sudden one of the pawnshop helpers comes by and removes X item and puts Y item down in its place - the system would have to keep track of what every item on the table and off the table that it puts out there.>

The speed at which things are rotated out depends on how often folk sell stuff to the shop that make it onto the tables. I'd imagine items at in the pawnshops of poorly populated towns like Zul would sit there for months at a time, but more heavily populated towns like the Landing might see it measured in hours or less (esp in the case of magical items).

While I know it wouldn't help with enhansives, I've been pushing for years to get ANALYZE to work on items in both merchant shops and pawn shops. It always drives me nuts when I see high prices on items but no indication of what they do.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Pawn Shop Suggestions 09/19/2016 10:44 AM CDT
<Can items on tables be LoreSung to?>

No, you have to be able to pick them up. Though, there IS precedent for being able to pick up items to loresing to without being able to walk off with them. At least two in game museums I'm aware of (one in RR and another in the Landing area, I believe) have items on display bards can pick up and loresing to in order to see the story of the items.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.