a gold leaf-encircled ring 07/08/2016 01:10 PM CDT
I simply have to ask. Did someone make this or is it a random loot generation?

AIM: GS4Menos

>Like men we'll face the murderous, cowardly pack,
>Pressed to the wall, dying, but fighting back!
Re: a gold leaf-encircled ring 08/18/2016 09:24 PM CDT
Can boxes with GM-made items please have a different look to them like ones from the digging games? I would like this very much.
Re: a gold leaf-encircled ring 08/24/2016 11:15 AM CDT
>Can boxes with GM-made items please have a different look to them like ones from the digging games? I would like this very much.

I'm a bit lukewarm on this. On one hand, it would prevent the item from being given to the janitor if the box is not taken by the player off the ground. On the other hand, it removes a lot of the effort of opening all the boxes. (I'm not necessarily arguing that effort of players should be required, but at present it is, and that could be an intentional design.)

Personally what I would rather see is that GM-designed items were recycled until they are taken by players. Some kinds of fancy hopper items get fancier and fancier until someone takes them, if I recall Wyrom's post on the topic some years back. In that case, the players that make the effort to open boxes have a distinct advantage to finding things, which maybe is as it should be.

Still, you could argue that the present system has the disadvantage that you can still pawn stuff easily. I have a morning star that was clearly designed by a GM (it has a name and a show). It has like an enhancive +1 OHB or something; I think this was intentional so that the pawn price would be over 35k and someone (me) would take a second look at it. Then again, why they decided otherwise to leave it at 4x (plain vultite) with no other features is unclear to me. My low-level warrior is using it, though.

Frankly, what I can do without is actually certain aspects of the hopper. It used to be if you found something with an interesting description, you knew it was made by a GM. These days there's a lot of junk made by the hopper and it's not always clear which is which. In fact, things from the hopper are certainly known the better mechanically that stuff made by GMs. (But, stuff made by GMs will always have better details.) A randomly-generated fluffy description is not a major selling point for me...
Re: a gold leaf-encircled ring 08/24/2016 11:18 AM CDT
>In fact, things from the hopper are certainly known the better mechanically that stuff made by GMs.

Word salad, anyone? Trying to say that sometimes hopper items are better mechanically than custom-made things. It's not a rule, but I'd wager to guess the range of products from the hopper, from junk to amazing, it mostly larger than the GM range. Only a guess anyway.
Re: a gold leaf-encircled ring 08/24/2016 04:52 PM CDT
Word salad... or butt salad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfVe03IYCpY

You know you want to click it.

Why, let the stricken deer go weep, The hart ungallèd play.
For some must watch while some must sleep. So runs the world away.
AIM: GS4Menos