Just a Heads-up 06/21/2016 11:43 PM CDT
Not to cause anyone undue effort to check worthless items, but a small number of containers such as pouches have been, and will be, fed into the treasure system with stuff inside them.

While a few gems may not be anyone's idea of a nifty item, watching a pouch containing a half-dozen uncut rubies, diamonds, or emeralds get dumped into the trash barrel in Larton's along with the chest they were fed into is a bummer and produces a zero return on the time spent to create and QC the items, small though they may be.

So while an effort is being made to avoid placing items within containers that are torn, ragged, dirt-covered, etc., if the small chest, backpack or pouch looks like someone might have actually worn or used it proudly, perhaps they kept something of value in it. And perhaps the critter neglected to empty it - just like some adventurers do.

Just a heads-up.

-Mikos
Re: Just a Heads-up 06/22/2016 09:21 AM CDT
Are you guys able to pull that item from the trash and re-cycle it through the Treasure Feeder?
Re: Just a Heads-up 06/22/2016 11:50 AM CDT

>While a few gems may not be anyone's idea of a nifty item, watching a pouch containing a half-dozen uncut rubies, diamonds, or emeralds get dumped into the trash barrel in Larton's along with the chest they were fed into is a bummer and produces a zero return on the time spent to create and QC the items, small though they may be.

this is the problem with a majority of players using unloading scripts
Re: Just a Heads-up 06/22/2016 06:36 PM CDT
<Are you guys able to pull that item from the trash and re-cycle it through the Treasure Feeder?

Thanks for the question!

The sack of gems that I happened to see go out through the chest feeder did pass through the recycler after the chest was discarded, but neither the pouch nor the gems were unique enough to qualify for recycling.

However, your question prompted a closer examination of the janitor's auto-recycle parameters. With a bit of tweaking a container + contents should be reliably recycle-able. Although whether the container and contents will be assessed, recycled, and separated in the process, or whether the contents will be left safely inside the recycle-worthy container I won't know for sure without testing. If the recycler examines containered items separately, then gems will never get recycled, and some lucky person may find a locked box with several nice, empty pouches inside.

As far as auto-emptying scripts go, that approach involves a different mindset than I'll ever have. Box finds are part of what I look forward to every time my chars pop a chest. I know it's always a long shot, but I'd hate to miss out on a unique item just because I assumed that an ordinary-looking item was ordinary.

Then again, I know how some GMs' minds work...well, one anyhow.

-Mikos
Re: Just a Heads-up 06/24/2016 07:04 AM CDT

Do the loaded containers include normally worn items?

I never found anything inside a gremlock knapsack but I did always look.

:D

Askip
Re: Just a Heads-up 06/28/2016 01:27 AM CDT

Askip if you got pickpocked by a Gremlin, then your gems would be in his container.
Just an elf about town...
Re: Just a Heads-up 06/30/2016 11:21 AM CDT
Doesn't the pawnshop usually require you to empty a container before they'll buy it?

I might be thinking of something else, but I could swear they did that.

Cool change regardless, I always wondered why containers never had anything in them, gremlin sacks being the exception.

~ Methais
Re: Just a Heads-up 06/30/2016 12:08 PM CDT
>Doesn't the pawnshop usually require you to empty a container before they'll buy it?

Yes, they constantly yell at me about not buying "grab bags".

>app sheath
You ask Walsor Gryhm to appraise a watered silk sheath.
Walsor Gryhm turns the sheath over in his hands a few times.
Walsor Gryhm says, "Hmm, a nice container indeed. I'll give you 1326 silver coins for it."
>sel sheath
You offer to sell your watered silk sheath to Walsor Gryhm.
Walsor Gryhm glances at your sheath and says, "Empty that out first please. I don't buy grab bags!"
>l in my sheath
In the watered silk sheath you see a dagger.

-Drumpel
Re: Just a Heads-up 07/05/2016 02:52 PM CDT
>Do the loaded containers include normally worn items?

Yes, they do. More pouches than anything else, but other normally worn items also. And unwearable containers like chests.

-Mikos
Re: Just a Heads-up 07/05/2016 06:06 PM CDT

>Do the loaded containers include normally worn items?

Yes, they do. More pouches than anything else, but other normally worn items also. And unwearable containers like chests.

-Mikos

Thanks for the reply!

Askip