UAC 08/02/2015 01:18 PM CDT
is there any plan to have UAC gear spawn on creatures/in chests?
Re: UAC 08/02/2015 01:24 PM CDT
is there any plan to have UAC gear spawn on creatures/in chests? >>

Can we say Feras Tipped gloves! Yum!

I second that request.
Re: UAC 08/02/2015 10:54 PM CDT
>is there any plan to have UAC gear spawn on creatures/in chests?

Unarmed gear can appear in chests, via the feeder system, as staff members create them. Once I update creatures to use unarmed combat, I'll also update the random generator to equip them with interesting unarmed gear, the same way that creatures can be equipped with interesting weapons. (I keep meaning to do this, and keep getting distracted, but it will happen sooner or later).
Re: UAC 08/03/2015 09:47 PM CDT
>> Once I update creatures to use unarmed combat<<

Umm, hang on; I don't like the sound of that.
I don't fancy being grappled by a stone giant, thank you.
Will we get improved chances to avoid a UAC attack if we are trained in that form, similar to how knowing a maneuver helps avoid it? For example, I have 3 ranks in punch mastery. Does that help me duck a punch better than someone untrained in that attack mode? How about just knowing UAC in general? Block a kick the way someone with a sword might block an enemy's swing?

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: UAC 08/03/2015 10:31 PM CDT
This would be a nice chance to see some love for shield users as i can see a bonus to defense against punches and kicks...
Re: UAC 08/04/2015 07:58 AM CDT
>I don't fancy being grappled by a stone giant, thank you.

Thats why you hide and punch it first and never give it a chance to do anything anyway.
Re: UAC 05/02/2016 11:16 AM CDT
>is there any plan to have UAC gear spawn on creatures/in chests?

> GS4-FINROS - Unarmed gear can appear in chests, via the feeder system, as staff members create them. Once I update creatures to use unarmed combat, I'll also update the random generator to equip them with interesting unarmed gear, the same way that creatures can be equipped with interesting weapons. (I keep meaning to do this, and keep getting distracted, but it will happen sooner or later).

Any fun and exciting progress to report?

It would have been awesome (as a brawler) to have gotten as much UAC gear (handwraps, footwraps, gauntlets, boots) as I did runestaves at Duskruin. I would have purchased 10 times as many Simucoins if I had found UAC gear in my sacks instead.
Re: UAC 05/02/2016 09:18 PM CDT
>Any fun and exciting progress to report?

Afraid not. Distractions seem to compound, and it keeps getting shoved back on my priority list.
Re: UAC 05/02/2016 09:44 PM CDT
>Any fun and exciting progress to report?

>GS4-FINROS - Afraid not. Distractions seem to compound, and it keeps getting shoved back on my priority list.

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to reply. I shall endeavor to corral my patience. ;-)
Re: UAC 06/19/2018 06:24 PM CDT
Brief, hopeful reminder that some of us are still very eager to see UAC gear (gloves/boots) show up in the treasure system outside of handmade feeder items, and also in the Duskruin sewers. :D

---
Walsor Gryhm says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 16 silver coins for it."
You think to yourself, "This deal is getting worse all the time."