pawnshop prices 01/24/2018 04:33 PM CST
Has anyone else noticed the pawn offering seemingly low prices recently (yes, this is related to my request for base weapon prices in the other folder)?

Pawnshops in two different towns now have offered prices that feel like they should have been higher. One was a vaalorn main gauche my sorcerer was offered 1800 silver for and the other was an invar maul my ranger was offered 997 for.

To be fair, neither of these weapons had any abilities beyond what their metals grant naturally and I'm aware there's a huge range of prices weapons can get that depend on a number of factors (type of weapon, metal, abilities, race of seller, citizenship status, etc). I was going to just write it off as the weapon or metal being less costly then I thought, but then I noticed that my half-elf ranger was only given 747 silver for a silver lockpick in RR (where she has citizenship) when I know my dark elf sorcerer has sold them for about 100 silver more in the Landing (where he's not a citizen).

Has something changed or am I losing my mind? (neither would surprise me)

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: pawnshop prices 01/25/2018 03:43 AM CST
>but then I noticed that my half-elf ranger was only given 747 silver for a silver lockpick in RR (where she has citizenship) when I know my dark elf sorcerer has sold them for about 100 silver more in the Landing (where he's not a citizen).

This is to be expected since the Landing pawn has a huge racial bonus for dark elves, you aren't going to get better prices for selling anything anywhere than dark elves get in the landing, and there's normally no effect on selling for citizenship.
Re: pawnshop prices 01/25/2018 10:15 AM CST
<This is to be expected since the Landing pawn has a huge racial bonus for dark elves,>

Really? I would have thought I'd have noticed a lack of a nasty comment when buying from the backroom....

Kind of blowing my mind that dark elves have a bonus to selling anywhere, let alone a huge one....

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: pawnshop prices 01/25/2018 10:24 AM CST
Its been queried a few times, but I think I remember Kenstrom saying he'd checked it although not giving any reason for why it should be so. I don't know whether they also have a huge bonus when buying, its the selling thats come up on the boards a few times before.
Re: pawnshop prices 01/25/2018 11:31 AM CST
Are you saying the chart at the wiki is wrong?

https://gswiki.play.net/Trading#Trading_chart

I thought the pawnshops went right along with the rest of the merchant biases in a town.

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
;tune towncrier

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
TownCrier News Dailies via Email: http://bit.ly/2ivAJfw
Re: pawnshop prices 01/25/2018 01:50 PM CST
DARK ELF Level 1 (5% penalty)

Influence (INF): 60 (0) ... 60 (0)

You ask the pawnbroker to appraise a felwood sleeping maiden statue.
The pawnbroker turns the statue over in his hands a few times.
Kilron furrows his brow, saying, "Hmm, a most curious magical artifact indeed. How's 6056 silvers sound?"

You ask the dealer to appraise a felwood sleeping maiden statue.
The gem dealer takes the sleeping maiden statue and inspects it carefully before saying, "I'll give you 23750 for it if you want to sell."

app my ring
You ask the pawnbroker to appraise a dingy gold ring.
The pawnbroker turns the ring over in his hands a few times.
Kilron furrows his brow, saying, "Hmm, an unusual magical artifact of note. How's 1211 silvers sound?"

HUMAN Level 1

Influence (INF): 50 (0) ... 50 (0)

app my stat
You ask the pawnbroker to appraise a felwood sleeping maiden statue.
The pawnbroker turns the statue over in his hands a few times.
Kilron furrows his brow, saying, "Hmm, a most curious magical artifact indeed. How's 6375 silvers sound?"

app my stat
You ask the dealer to appraise a felwood sleeping maiden statue.
The gem dealer takes the sleeping maiden statue and inspects it carefully before saying, "I'll give you 25000 for it if you want to sell."

app my ring
You ask the pawnbroker to appraise a dingy gold ring.
The pawnbroker turns the ring over in his hands a few times.
Kilron furrows his brow, saying, "Hmm, an unusual magical artifact of note. How's 1275 silvers sound?"

Mark