Wet Bar ideas 03/18/2012 02:52 PM CDT

I have decided to dedicate a 20x10 section of my finished basement (with 3 walls, no doors, no windows) to a wet bar.

I have built the wet bar 6 feet long, 4 feet wide, and also "L" shape to where it extends another 2 feet. It has nice bins from an old store I used to own as well as these same bins, about 4 feet long x 2, and 22 inches wide, in total 4 feet tall.

I have bookcases, tables, shelves, etc...(and I am comfortable making anything I don't have). I painted the bins a dark blue with spray paint in such a way that some of the lighter strokes of paint make the bins appear to be a dark sky with some clouds trying to sneak in. It reminds me of Ramladu's outfit colors.

I have purchased some candle wax formed dragons (BTW, awesome idea for a merchant, will post this in merchant ideas folder) and also have painted over 400 different miniature soldiers from ral partha, grenadier, etc...(never played table top games, and painted for fun, also where Ramladu gets his "miniature" collection theme from). Long story short, I have miniatures, I have dragons, I have bins. I need some recommendations:

1. Can you suggest any alcohol with a medieval fantasy theme? Ideally, I'd purchase this for consumption and then as display on my shelves.

2. Any other decoration ideas related to medieval fantasy?

I was thinking of painting some dragon footprints on the ground. (the ground is cement but painted with grey basement 'grip' paint)

Ramladu, player of.
Re: Wet Bar ideas 03/18/2012 05:52 PM CDT

The only alcohol that pops to mind is Kraken Rum.

SGM Sleken
Re: Wet Bar ideas 03/18/2012 08:03 PM CDT
There's some beer named Rogue. Quite a few different kinds with different labels on their website. I'd also suggest some Absinthe. And of course, Captain Morgan for more of a pirate-themed stuff. P.S. Don't do a Google search for "renaissance alcohol". Apparently all the results you get are drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers.

~Aulis
QC'er
Forums Manager
Re: Wet Bar ideas 03/21/2012 05:22 PM CDT
New Belgium Brewing has a Ranger IPA to go with your Rogue Dead Guy, and then you've got Magic Hat Brewery as well with a nice assortment. If you want a comical addition, pick up some Monty Python's Holy GrALE.

The L behind the Laphrael (professed beer snob)

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a shoe.

http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Laphrael
Re: Wet Bar ideas 05/01/2012 07:44 PM CDT

Hey Ramladu,

I'm not sure where you live, but you should check out Dragonmead Microbrewery, http://www.dragonmead.com/index.html

I'm not sure where they can ship to, but it never hurts to ask.

Eldreth