Arkati Origins: Tonis 12/26/2017 10:16 AM CST
A tale from the earliest days of the Arkati Tonis is now available on the wiki. Enjoy!

https://gswiki.play.net/Origins_of_Tonis

Auchand
Captain of the Firebird
Re: Arkati Origins: Tonis 12/26/2017 10:45 AM CST
Well gee, Tonis sure is a naughty little boy!
Re: Arkati Origins: Tonis 12/26/2017 11:03 AM CST
>Well gee, Tonis sure is a naughty little boy!

The Seventeen Spankings of Tonis, my Mularosian story, was resoundingly rejected by the senior staff. What can I say?

Auchand
Captain of the Firebird
Re: Arkati Origins: Tonis 12/26/2017 03:57 PM CST
<<The Seventeen Spankings of Tonis, my Mularosian story, was resoundingly rejected by the senior staff. What can I say?

I tried to change the story title to 50 Shades of Tonis. But alas Auchand caught that edit, too.

~Aulis
Platinum Co-Guru
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: Arkati Origins: Tonis 12/26/2017 05:13 PM CST
This is fantastic Auchand, the best Arkati doc yet, very well written in the same style as a classical folktale, and what a great set of cameos for Koar, Lumnis, Phoen, Oleani, Eorgina...and...Marlu? I have no idea if that was what was intended but the idea of a baby Marlu is hilarious to me personally as it was my first main's Arkati.

*~Omni Exeunt in Mysterium~*

<You hear someone chuckling from behind you. Whirling around, you see Kai with a grin from ear to ear.
>squeal kai
You look at the Kai and squeal.
Kai slaps you in the face and says, "Had enough, little one?"
Re: Arkati Origins: Tonis 12/26/2017 05:20 PM CST
I enjoyed both of these new stories. Thank for providing them.

Chad, player of a few
Re: Arkati Origins: Tonis 12/26/2017 06:23 PM CST
>I tried to change the story title to 50 Shades of Tonis. But alas Auchand caught that edit, too.

Also rejected: Game of Tonis, Tonis Does Dallas, and Tonis Wide Shut. The last one didn't even make sense.

>I have no idea if that was what was intended but the idea of a baby Marlu is hilarious to me personally as it was my first main's Arkati.

I definitely had an intent in mind, but really, it's open to interpretation like most stories from so very long ago.

>I enjoyed both of these new stories. Thank for providing them.

I'm so glad you like them! Will try to keep them coming.

Auchand
Captain of the Firebird
Re: Arkati Origins: Tonis 12/26/2017 07:31 PM CST
Tonis the Troublemaker! Seeing personality quirks and details on an infrequently discussed deity was quite entertaining.

~Amanda, player of Treeva
Re: Arkati Origins: Tonis 12/26/2017 09:54 PM CST
Lovely story!

I did find a typo though. In this paragraph, the word he is missing as noted: "They had infested the surrounding lands in such numbers that seeking the rift meant a fool’s death, though drakes and Arkati both tried. But Tonis did not--could not--know of this, until came a day when he stopped to rest on a new-formed island far out in the seas."

~ The girl behind Debia
Check out my website: www.ElanthianEvents.com
Find me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/AngelofSharath
Re: Arkati Origins: Tonis 12/27/2017 12:58 AM CST
Oh, man I missed some of your others. Just read Mularos and Sheru/Phoen. Rad. If you release a fantasy novel I will be the first in line to buy it :)

*~Omni Exeunt in Mysterium~*

<You hear someone chuckling from behind you. Whirling around, you see Kai with a grin from ear to ear.
>squeal kai
You look at the Kai and squeal.
Kai slaps you in the face and says, "Had enough, little one?"
Re: Arkati Origins: Tonis 12/27/2017 01:59 AM CST
I'm always a sucker for insinuated relationships between Eorgina and Marlu, I even have a version of her (possibly both of them) depicted on Xorus' vruul leathers.

I love the way the Ur-Daemon are described and depicted. It is also totally consistent with what little we know about them.

- Xorus' player

"(If you really want to understand Marlu, I suggest reading "The Call of Cthulhu" by H.P. Lovecraft.)" - Varevice (2000)
Re: Arkati Origins: Tonis 12/27/2017 02:03 AM CST
I really enjoyed reading this. I find Tonis much more interesting with this lore addition.

---
Walsor Gryhm says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 16 silver coins for it."
You think to yourself, "This deal is getting worse all the time."