title help <title> 01/23/2011 05:02 AM CST
The vast profusion of titles means that many of them have become meaningless to me. Soandso the Blademaster has whatever skills the GMs decided blademasters should have, but when I see High Lord Soandso the Blademaster sashays in, I have little idea just how impressed I ought to be. Is this a character who has doubled trained edged weapons to cap to qualify, or have they just spent a few CMan points on wspec scimitar?

While precise requirements should not be revealed, I think something along these lines should be implemented.

>title help Archdruid
An archdruid is a highly religious follower of a nature deity.

>title help druid
A druid is a moderately religious follower of a nature deity.

>title help caber toss master
This is a unique title awarded for some special reason. You will need to ask the holder how they got it.

i.e. something that gives the factors involved with a rough descriptor of how important they are.

Titles on other characters have pretty much become meaningless to me. I don't actively squelch them, but I do tune them out, so all they contribute is an occasional laugh at a particularly incongruous one.

In addition this would help players seeking to acquire a particular title. Its pretty heartbreaking for a player to put a lot of effort into what they think is fitting for a particular title holder, only to find that the GMs have a different idea and there is no way their character can get the title. Precise numbers are for player research, but I think the actual factors involved should be available in game.

The other aspect is that it feels really silly that for several of the titles I can wear, I don't know which of my skills are giving me access to them. If I am walking around as a caber toss master, and someone asks me why I am known as a giant tosser, I can explain it to them. If they ask me what several of the skill based titles I can wear mean, I have little idea.
Re: title help <title> 01/23/2011 07:13 AM CST
I remember that after the new titles came out in December '09 for several months thereafter the various profession folders were very busy talking about what it took to get certain titles and a lot, (or all?), of that made it over onto Krakiipedia.

Perhaps what you are asking for, Rathboner, could be something the Wordsmiths could do? That way it wouldn't tie up GM resources, and could be an interesting use of their time.

Not that I have any idea how tied into the code it is that you are asking for.
Re: title help <title> 01/26/2011 07:32 AM CST
Sounds like a good use of the DEFINE system.

--
Naos

I'm immune to fire! Now with more banhammer! You sense the bond between you and your grey cat grow stronger.