Thrown weapon, melee base 07/07/2017 04:42 PM CDT
There is a discrepancy between the wiki and the web site as to the melee base various thrown weapons when used in melee. For example the quoit says handaxe on the web site and jackblade on the wiki. Flail/blackjack for the bola. I know for certain that the bola used to swing as a flail. Was this changed?

Keith/Brinret/Eronderl

Keith is correct
-Wyrom, APM

Keith is correct.
-GameMaster Estild

Re: Thrown weapon, melee base 07/07/2017 06:16 PM CDT
Part of the problem is people making changes in subjects they don't know enough about. It seems there's a slight trend where people are more concerned about being stewards of the wiki than they are about being correct. Perhaps they should reach out to people who know the subject instead of editing it themselves. In any case, this is easy enough to check if you've got the right weapon types laying around and some time. I'm going on vacation tomorrow, so don't look at me!

Kerl
Re: Thrown weapon, melee base 07/07/2017 07:50 PM CDT
There was a change at least as far back as 2015. It was discussed over in the Weapons and Armor section forum though I'm not sure there was ever an official announcement.

http://www.tinyheroes.com/forums/GemStone%20IV/Hunting%20and%20Combat/Weapon%20and%20Armor%20Discussion/thread/1697517
Re: Thrown weapon, melee base 07/07/2017 10:55 PM CDT

>Part of the problem is people making changes in subjects they don't know enough about. It seems there's a slight trend where people are more concerned about being stewards of the wiki than they are about being correct. Perhaps they should reach out to people who know the subject instead of editing it themselves.

wow, what an ignorant statement. I'm extremely disappointed in your tone, Kerl. The change was made by Mark. I would say he's quite knowledgeable. I am certainly not opposed to GM confirmation on any page, but I certainly trust Mark's assessment of a thrown weapon. It's extremely unfortunate and a great loss to GS that he is not actively editing or playing anymore.

If you are interested in contributing, I'll certainly reach out to you, usually I go to Roblar for warrior-type issues, as we have an existing friendship, but these days I am usually going directly to GMs for information.

As the person who does the vast majority of wiki edits, I follow-up with GMs via email and sometimes through the Wiki coordinator, GM Kaikala, when I don't get an answer, before I make changes, and when other people make changes I think are suspect. I have at least two new pages outstanding waiting for GM confirmation. Yes, a good portion of my new pages get GM reviewed before being published. You have absolutely no idea the effort we've put into comparing the official documentation from play.net and wiki info and making sure the wiki is correct, and there's still a lot of work to do.

Maybe have a little more faith in those that are regularly putting the time and effort in than those who would so quickly badmouth because the one festival page they worked on was moved.
Re: Thrown weapon, melee base 07/08/2017 09:36 PM CDT
I guess my tone was a bit condescending. I apologize. I have done significant edits in areas I know about, but not in some time. The reason no one really knows much about these sorts of weapons is because almost no one uses them because they suck so badly.

Kerl