Absurdly challenging Sunfist tasks on low-level characters? 06/16/2017 06:55 PM CDT
Sorry for the double post. I as a level 8 warrior, went to fetch a new task from the WL Sunfist branch, and was greeted with:

>ask nath for task
Nathairin nods to you and says, "A particularly vicious Grimswarm warparty of trolls has been recently raiding the nearby lands. The damage they are inflicting is unusually severe and needs to be stopped. Our scouts believe that they have tracked the brutes responsible to the Vipershroud near Wehnimer's Landing. I'd like for you to patrol that area and eliminate the threat they pose. We are not sure how many trolls are in the warparty, but I think that killing 24 of them should be sufficient to force them to retreat from the area. Report back to me when you are done."

Nathairin adds, "I encourage you to work with other Guardians of Sunfist who are also around your level of experience. If you wish for them to formally aid you in this task, simply bring them before me and ASK me to ADD them to your task."
[ Next GoS Task: +0:15:00, 0:15:00 remaining. ]

>info
Name: Redacted Race: Human Profession: Warrior (not shown)

This is an absurdly challenging task. Not only just because of the level 22 dark panthers and level 24 tree vipers throughout Vipershroud, but also because of the perception and climbing obstacles. At level 8, you can't even get bounties 10 levels over you yet, which would still be 4 levels shy of the level 22 dark panthers.

Has anyone else seen suicidal-level difficulty tasks from their local outposts at low-level?
Re: Absurdly challenging Sunfist tasks on low-level characters? 06/16/2017 09:50 PM CDT
I idly wonder if the level 10 boars nearby are somehow flagged to be in the Vipershroud location, though I didn't think they spawned on that side of the river.

I hiiiiighly recommend doing your GoS tasks out of Mist Harbor if you're Premium, due to small 'zones' that make it easier to find camps within and no resident critters to dodge at low levels.

---
Cendadric says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 110 silver coins for it."
Re: Absurdly challenging Sunfist tasks on low-level characters? 06/16/2017 10:33 PM CDT
The boars definitely don't spawn on that side of the river, but I have a strong suspicion you're right.

Thanks for the tip about Mist Harbor, I didn't think about that.