Taskmaster Bulletin Board Addition 11/24/2016 11:01 PM CST
I wanted to float the idea of putting up an additional bulletin board in the Ta'Vaalor Taskmaster's office. Since there is one already to identify warcamp locations, this should be relatively straightforward.

The purpose of this new board would be to allow members to identify others who wish to group and accomplish tasks and also help to determine what groups they would fit best into based on level and such.

Since I have joined Sunfist, it has been difficult to find others to group with and just out of luck I found another of equal level to hunt with and this has been extremely helpful in advancing, especially with regard to razing warcamps. I am assuming the other outposts would want to do something similar if this could be implemented. There had been mention of possibly using SERVICE but this is problematic as it broadcast across the lands and would be awkward in allowing multiple people to group in any efficient manner.

Your thoughts are appreciated.
Re: Taskmaster Bulletin Board Addition 11/24/2016 11:37 PM CST
More boards for sure. Isn't enough use of these. When the Houses couldn't post URL/OOG it kind of changed the vibe on these things.

-Geij
Re: Taskmaster Bulletin Board Addition 11/25/2016 01:27 AM CST
I like the idea but instead of on a separate board, include it on the warcamp location board. Maybe have the chalkboards say something like "Troll warcamp spotted in the grasslands near Ta'Vaalor (Vineyard) by Kakoon on day 25 of the month Eoantos!" This would allow players the opportunity to join fellow Sunfist members who are currently working a camp. It would also might help with the issue of knowing if a camp is being worked on. If my character has reported a camp and I'm not logged in, it's safe to say it's fair game. The time stamp would allow players to possibly gage how large the camp is. If a camp was reported a week ago compared to one that day, I would be more inclined to go after the one that has been there a week if it's at 500. Maybe include the character's level next to the name, some people might want this optional though.

The Legion's Ranger
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/crimson-legion
Re: Taskmaster Bulletin Board Addition 11/25/2016 05:34 AM CST
I'm not sure to what extent people ever use it, but profile provides a vehicle for doing this already. Set looking for group, make your level visible, put something in your quote to show its a warcamp partner you are interested in, and anyone compatible that uses the game tools to look for one will find you.
Re: Taskmaster Bulletin Board Addition 11/28/2016 07:07 AM CST
Yes, I do like the profile but think it is very inefficient for this sort of thing. First, you have to be in the same room as each individual, look at each profile, determine if they are members of Sunfist, etc.. Everyone has to go to their outposts on a regular basis (assuming they are active participants) so the bulletin board would provide a method of generally broadcasting intent and in general make it easier. Thanks for the thought, a good tool.
Re: Taskmaster Bulletin Board Addition 11/28/2016 03:18 PM CST
You don't need to be in the same room as a person you are checking profile on, they just need to be logged in.
Re: Taskmaster Bulletin Board Addition 11/28/2016 10:04 PM CST
What!?

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Name: Roblar Coronia
Profession: Warrior
Title: Warmaster of Highguard Keep
Race: Giantman Gender: Male
Clan: T'Kirem Clan
He is imposing in size and appears to be in the prime of life.
He has intense bluish grey eyes and dusky golden skin.
He has shoulder length, thick dark brown hair with grey at the temples.
He has a seasoned square-jawed face and some broad shoulders.
He carries an air of confidence, warm and without guile, though his eyes seem to hint at a roiling temperament beneath his exterior countenance.

AFFILIATIONS

Secretary of Helden Hall

Master in the Order of Voln
Master at Arms of the Warrior Guild

ACHIEVEMENTS

Strongest foe vanquished: a dark black horse
Most difficult trap disarmed: -411
Number of warcamps destroyed: 110
Re: Taskmaster Bulletin Board Addition 11/28/2016 10:08 PM CST
What what?

Yea, that horse pissed me off.. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpQ-tOGXZiU
Re: Taskmaster Bulletin Board Addition 11/28/2016 10:50 PM CST
I used Profile Roblar cause you were online someplace and it worked. ;)
Re: Taskmaster Bulletin Board Addition 11/29/2016 05:57 AM CST
So that's why there aren't any horses any more.

Roblar's Rodeos Razed: 3718