Warcamps - to hard? 02/29/2016 10:19 PM CST

Anyone else having issues surving warcamps. I'm a lvl 39 ranger using bows, hunting in Ta'Vaalor. My equipment is rather "normal" 4x now and 4x brig. The swarms get bad for me really quick and I die mere moments after I enter rarely killing more then 2 or 3, if any before dieing with full wizard spellup and of course my spells. Any advice for me. It seems to get harder in stages. Once I get another lvl or two it more then likely will get easier till I hit a magic lvl and then they get to hard for me again. Any info would be great. Thx Tiratori
Re: Warcamps - to hard? 02/29/2016 10:50 PM CST
The GSWiki, which is down at the moment, has a short warcamp guide that has useful hints. Off the top of my head, and in my own experience, staying near the path headed out is good. Watch out for the void casters. Kill them quick or run. Mass disabeler spells are very useful for groups though casting is limited due to the shroud. Move if you get overwhelmed. Those are some basics. I'm sure more people have more tips to add.

Chad, player of a few
Re: Warcamps - to hard? 03/01/2016 01:36 AM CST

Ya I usually die in the first room. I might have to train more in hide or something. I seem to get stunned a lot. And even aiming for the eyes they usually survive and forget about them staying stunned lol.
Re: Warcamps - to hard? 03/01/2016 05:46 AM CST
GSWiki is back. Here is the link.

https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Warcamp

Yeah they can be tough. Maybe carry a bunch of herbs? Escape whenever possible. Try getting the targets on the ground before going for the eyes?

Chad, player of a few
Re: Warcamps - to hard? 03/02/2016 04:13 PM CST
I recommend taking cover in one of the buildings and disabling but not killing. As the disabled pile up you may notice the swarm slowing.
Re: Warcamps - to hard? 03/02/2016 05:12 PM CST
Swarms seem to come in waves for me. There will be an initial push of 3-7. When I get through those they usually come 1 or 2 for a while before another wave of 3-5. Also, some older Grimswarm come in from time to time, called grisled or something which are a little tougher than average.

Chad, player of a few
Re: Warcamps - to hard? 03/02/2016 07:52 PM CST

I know its harder in light populated towns but if possible a group of 3 or 4 always felt right to me. 5 or 6 felt like waves got too big but really nothing increases life expectancy as a few friends and a proper hierarchy of which ones to kill first
Re: Warcamps - to hard? 03/03/2016 06:57 AM CST
I think the spawn rate also depends on the recent history. If the camp has not been entered for awhile, the initial spawn can be pretty slow. If you kill a lot and come back within a short rest (10 minutes?) they can start spawning in large quantities very fast. Then it will eventually dwindle again ... once to the point that once I unloaded like 10 or 15 boxes from the treasure chest because they had actually ceased spawning until I entered again.

I guess that's the long version to say they come in waves.

The deathbot will come back eventually.

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Warcamps - to hard? 03/05/2016 04:01 AM CST
I used to have a pretty decent time in warcamps. They were never easy, but they weren't so insanely over the top that I just didn't bother. Then they updated 1030 for warcamps and I went from being able to do a decent sized camp with a few deaths to just dying left and right.