Grimswarm raiding the Confluence 10/07/2015 11:54 AM CDT
I thought this task was a little odd. I just recently picked up a soulstone and received the following task.

"A particularly vicious Grimswarm warparty of trolls has been recently raiding the nearby lands. The damage they are inflicting is unusually severe and needs to be stopped. Our scouts believe that they have tracked the brutes responsible to the Elemental Confluence near the Elemental Confluence. I'd like for you to patrol that area and eliminate the threat they pose. We are not sure how many trolls are in the warparty, but I think that killing 15 of them should be sufficient to force them to retreat from the area. Report back to me when you are done."

Do warparty task happen in any of the other capped hunting grounds? Maybe this is normal for capped hunting grounds and I just never noticed as I don't do the warparty task.
Re: Grimswarm raiding the Confluence 10/07/2015 09:16 PM CDT
I've heard they're in the rift too.
Re: Grimswarm raiding the Confluence 10/08/2015 04:00 AM CDT
From an in-game perspective, it's a little strange. Why should GoS officials care if the Grimswarm are harrying extra-planar entities in another plane. Shouldn't they be glad some of them left Elanthia?

It's not like there are towns or shops nearby...

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Grimswarm raiding the Confluence 10/08/2015 08:04 AM CDT
For some odd reason the Grimswarm do not enter Old Ta'Faendryl. You could claim it's the barrier keeping them out, yet if they can reach the Scatter and the Confluence, I see no reason why they couldn't make it past that as well.

I'm in favor of allowing Grimswarm in more places, not less, especially at higher level ranges.
Re: Grimswarm raiding the Confluence 10/08/2015 09:31 AM CDT
>I'm in favor of allowing Grimswarm in more places, not less, especially at higher level ranges.

I have no real opinion as far as mechanics. I was more enjoying the idea of how dedicated GoS is to the eradication of the Grimswarm. They should go assign people to dig up their graves next. I like the flavor text from an old Magic card called Barrow Ghoul: "They killed my family to deny me a future. They fed on my ancestors to deny me a past."

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Grimswarm raiding the Confluence 10/08/2015 12:27 PM CDT
<From an in-game perspective, it's a little strange. Why should GoS officials care if the Grimswarm are harrying extra-planar entities in another plane. Shouldn't they be glad some of them left Elanthia?

It's not like there are towns or shops nearby...>

This is exactly why I found it odd. It did not make sense to me that we care that they are raiding the Confluence. Two hostile groups are fighting each other seems like to win to me, but GoS wants to send me into the middle of it.
Re: Grimswarm raiding the Confluence 12/17/2015 12:06 PM CST
very late responding to this, but you can get war party tasks in any of the four capped hunting grounds as I've had to go after then in otf, temple of nelemar, the rift, and now the confluence. I also like the idea of having to save someone, but dislike the idea of anything that breaks the group, what if the leader gets stunned?

Archales