A use for prestige 02/12/2015 08:03 PM CST
Would really love if this came into play somehow. I feel bad that I rarely do any grimswarm stuff anymore but it's hard to justify the extremely high risk for so little reward. It's by far the most dangerous place I can hunt, and also the most poor. 400 coins and a moldly bone are not an uncommon reward for my efforts.

But maybe if the prestige points had some value I could be seduced back to the fold. I don't really want a carbon copy of Voln's system but burning prestige to get a longer duration on my 1 min sigils would be of value to me.

My main suggestion would be more along the lines of a store with some GoS specific enhancives that cannot be recharged and are crumbly.
Re: A use for prestige 02/12/2015 08:04 PM CST

NO EDIT GRR:

alternatively just adding a script to the warcamp chests that gives a GoS-only enchancive like I described would a simpler way of doing it.
Re: A use for prestige 02/12/2015 08:37 PM CST
While I agree that warcamp treasure could be tuned up, I would not want to see prestige given any value. I prefer it to be left exactly as it was intended, a high score.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: A use for prestige 02/13/2015 02:56 AM CST
Don't have a ton of useful commentary here. When I solo camps, I just implode them, so I don't expect much treasure, anyway.

But I did a quick calculation the other day between bouts in the camp, and I kill about 1 creature per 8 seconds for about 4 or 5 minutes straight. I also don't tend to raze camps that often, so by the time I get to the hut and digging for boxes, I get a fairly massive stash. Also this kind of thing is ideal for getting necromantic power, so I have other ways to make my stacks of silvers.

I don't really see the point of even joining GoS though as a sorcerer, quite frankly. Prestige points doing anything might at least even entice me (but, after having to get a society reset, I pretty much refuse to change on principle, but this isn't even tempting).

>Kayse scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Re: A use for prestige 02/13/2015 04:36 AM CST

You're not missing anything by imploding. Virtually all the treasure is from the stash box. Maybe I've been chronically unlucky but the boxes I get out of there are just awful. Like 1/6th of a the value from my usual boxes.

I could see it at least being useful for sorcerer energy, since there is no shortage of bodies.

Really I'm just looking for any reason to hunt grimswarm. High score is not something I have any interest in. Boosting the rewards for doing the GoS tasks as a matter would also be ok.
Re: A use for prestige 02/13/2015 11:17 AM CST
>You're not missing anything by imploding.

I know ^_^

>Really I'm just looking for any reason to hunt grimswarm. High score is not something I have any interest in.

And I'm playing my own devil's advocate! I actually like it how it is because I don't want to be tempted to shift. So tempted to change yet again! But, selfishness aside, I felt I could be the "weird guy" who arbitrarily votes in favor of something.

>Kayse scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Re: A use for prestige 02/13/2015 08:33 PM CST
Wait, I thought everyone just ignored prestige like they did Fame?

From what I understand it was unintended to keep gaining prestige after you mastered, but it wasn't hurting anyone and fixing it would require work.

Treasure in warcamps is indeed awful, but I look at it like a trade off in that I can find a much faster and much more intense hunting experiencing than going to any of the yawntastic hunting areas currently available at cap. I can get loaded rich hunting OTF, but how could I look at myself in the mirror? It is about as difficult as the kobold village. Nelemar? Maybe if I forget to use spells and forget how to use macros it is kind of fun. Scatter is a rush but I can get in my car and run an errand in damn near the time it takes to get into the place.

On only one of those examples was I over-exaggerating.

It was the Scatter one. In case there was confusion.

5x Cap Problems.

.jaired
>LIKE A BOSS
Please rephrase that command.
Re: A use for prestige 02/14/2015 04:24 AM CST

The prestige notification does have the effect of telling me that a creature is a "hated enemy". In case I feel like wasting resources on major/minor bane for some giggles.
Re: A use for prestige 02/21/2015 12:27 PM CST
>>You're not missing anything by imploding.

Late to answering this, but this is LARGELY false. Many extremely high-end weapons generate in the hands of a Grimswarm. Probably the highest item attrition in a hunting ground (in Prime) comes from warcamps.

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: A use for prestige 02/21/2015 12:31 PM CST

Does these numbers count crumble weapons? Last few times i been in a warcamp and saw a good weapon or armor drop (imflass chain and a magical metal claid) both times we went to pick them up they crumbled.
Re: A use for prestige 02/21/2015 07:05 PM CST

That's interesting considering how little they drop outside of this high level gear. Ie: very silver, gem, and item poor. No boxes, etc...
Re: A use for prestige 02/21/2015 07:14 PM CST
Late to answering this, but this is LARGELY false. Many extremely high-end weapons generate in the hands of a Grimswarm. Probably the highest item attrition in a hunting ground (in Prime) comes from warcamps.

~Wyrom, APM

Sweet can we get this turned (in Plat) because for all the warcamps I've cleared I don't think I've ever seen a grimswarm carrying anything interesting.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Re: A use for prestige 02/21/2015 08:57 PM CST

>>Late to answering this, but this is LARGELY false. Many extremely high-end weapons generate in the hands of a Grimswarm. Probably the highest item attrition in a hunting ground (in Prime) comes from warcamps.

Found a sephwir composite bow one time in a troll camp. Was pretty excited about that.
Re: A use for prestige 02/28/2015 03:27 PM CST
>>Does these numbers count crumble weapons? Last few times i been in a warcamp and saw a good weapon or armor drop (imflass chain and a magical metal claid) both times we went to pick them up they crumbled.

Imflass should not be crumbling. If it was "a claidhmore" then yes, that would crumble. If it was "a steel claidhmore" that shouldn't have crumbled. None of my numbers count anything that crumbles.

>>That's interesting considering how little they drop outside of this high level gear. Ie: very silver, gem, and item poor. No boxes, etc...

Grimswarm don't drop boxes because Grimswarm don't fall under normal hunting pressure. They do carry weapons and shields. You'll likely find more runestaves than anything. Glancing at some drops in the last day, I see a lor runestaff and an enhancive claidhmore left behind/destroyed.

>>Sweet can we get this turned (in Plat) because for all the warcamps I've cleared I don't think I've ever seen a grimswarm carrying anything interesting.

Ever is a strong term. I see you have, indeed, found loot in a warcamp that wasn't from the supply chest!

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: A use for prestige 03/02/2015 07:59 AM CST
Stop using my exaggeration against me!

Keith/Brinret/Shiun