For those one minute abilities... 11/30/2014 07:14 AM CST
While most of us really want an extension on these extremely inefficient powers (worst efficiency in the game compared to pretty much anything) I came up with an alternate change to make them more situationaly useful.

Be able to use them while stun/webbed.

Not for the banes but for the defensive skills this would move them from useless to sometimes useful.

The real problem is I can't possibly predict when during a hunt I'm going to be hit. If I saw that coming, I would adjust my tactics to avoid it! So requiring me to predict it to within 60 sec is frankly ridiculous.

Giving it some additional cost/penalty when used in this manner, similar to sigil of escape, would be fine.
Re: For those one minute abilities... 11/30/2014 06:03 PM CST
You can stack focus, minor protection, and major protection to 3 minutes.
Re: For those one minute abilities... 11/30/2014 07:04 PM CST

That's better I guess? Doesn't really solve the problem though since it's the same effect as casting it 3 times in a row, still horribly inefficient.

How about just give us the 3min for the 1 x normal cost, then I might be able to occasionally justify their cost.
But since the GMs are adamant about them being terrible in terms of benefit/cost, being able to use them while stunned would at least allow me to pop them when I might get use out of it.

I would also welcome increased duration as a function of prestige, so it gives us a reason to keep building it rather than being another fame.
Re: For those one minute abilities... 12/02/2014 09:14 PM CST
I'd much rather the sigils just have usable durations.
Re: For those one minute abilities... 12/03/2014 12:29 PM CST
> I'd much rather the sigils just have usable durations.

Same, even if the prices(stamina, mana) cost the same as they do now just adjusted to 5 minute durations.
Re: For those one minute abilities... 12/03/2014 12:43 PM CST
Hmmm. . . might be hard for some characters (say, an uncapped archer wizard GoS master) to be able to withstand a 5x cost 'successfully'.

Perhaps implementing the same trap as spells -- you can 'sigil concentration 3' to put up a triple cost / duration sigil? That way, a more granular and selective means would allow a mix / match scenario.

Doug