Grimswarm Level Indentifier 11/24/2014 04:06 AM CST
I'm pretty frustrated at the moment. There really needs to be some sort of method of identifying the level of the grimswarm you're facing.

Multiple times now I've gone into a camp and ran into grimswarm that were spawned by a character many levels higher than me. On more than one occasion it was while I was already in the camp trying to complete a task. One time I walked into a camp while another player was already inside. On multiple occasions I've gone into a camp and there were no other players present, but a critter that spawned previously continued to walk around for several minutes after and just happened to bump into me. Of course, when this happens, it blends in and walks in looking like any regular spawning creature and lands a one-hit-kill.

I got lucky once and yelled out and heard the higher level player yell back, and also once had someone yell in once and warn me as well, which I'm very thankful for. Twice I've also been lucky enough to cast at the high level creature and recognize the ridiculously high TD and escape before getting crushed. Most of the time though, I'm not so lucky and I've died four times over a short period to this. Frankly, it's more frustrating than fun. Especially since common sense would suggest that if the creature were so tremendously powerful, there should be some sort of visual cue to tee off my character to let him know it's time to run.

My suggestion is simple, add a series of adjectives to delineate the strength of the grimswarm in addition to the random grisly, weathered, battle-worn, etc. The adjective could be in brackets of 5, 10, or even 20.

Example
00-20 Lesser
21-40 No adjective
41-60 Greater
61+ Massive
You could use other additional adjectives such as colors, armored, muscular, powerful, twisted, menacing, dark, etc.

Currently, there are at least a couple very high level players that dominate any orc war camps that are readily available. It's pretty frustrating that they completely ignore any troll or giant war camps and allow them to run up to 400+ spawns, making it impossible for a lower level character to raze. If I weren't playing from the Hawaii time zone and playing well after most players are asleep, I don't think there would have been any way I would have been able to manage razing 5 war camps without this being an unmanageable roadblock. Plus, two of the times I was able to raze a camp it was because I intentionally didn't report it back to the taskmaster, because I knew that if I did there would have been no way I would have been able to raze it in time. After an orc camp is reported, it isn't up for long. It's almost like some of the people going around razing camps are doing it on auto-pilot or something (I know, crazy suggestion, right?).

Thrunn and Adahr
Re: Grimswarm Level Indentifier 11/24/2014 12:25 PM CST

you can appraise creatures to see how you match up against them. it requires a command input, but it's something.