Non-discriminatory Warm Fuzzies 06/07/2018 11:31 AM CDT
So I was leafing back through some old information, and adding new info Mikos posted about the quartz baldrics and stuff, and paused to, you know: actually read some of it. Including the first couple of pages of my file, where Melissa announced the changeover to GSIV coming up.

Figured I would throw some stuff up here, so people can look and see just how far we actually have come.

(And all of this, was after the big huge laundry list of stuff released in HSN 2002. Growing Pains III was going to be tidied up before they did the change.)

* New level designation system (linearly increasing experience requirements)
* Inter-level rewards
* Creature redistribution
* Skill return adjustments
* Experience Enhancer Change
* Combat system changes
* Revised skill costs
* Revised racial bonuses
* Revised character attributes
* Changes to death
* New spells and enhancements to existing spells
* Five new races
* Three new professions +
* Over 20 new character manager skills
* Combat maneuver list
* New "Friend or Foe" creature interactions
* New stealing / pickpocket system, and Rogue Lockmastery
* Breakage
* Improved justice system
* Weather system
* Player Run Organization meeting hall system
* Graphical character manager
* NPC upgrades
* New history documents
* A new town
* New verbs
* A new Front End
* A new magical sphere, and five new spell circles +
* New treasure +
* New unarmed combat system +
* Improved travel systems +
* Town defense systems +
* Automated quest system +
* And more!

Note: All items marked with a + are Phase II Releases (2004).

#12 has been delivered on in full (half-krolvin, two gnomes, Erithians & Aelotoi)!

21, 22, 31, 32, 33... huge additions.

But there is some slippage from the "2004" Phase II stuff: #13 is more than halfway there, but still waiting on Savants. :)
(And I'm still looking forward to the rest of #28, the remaining new spell lists.)

On the whole, when you look back at March of fifteen (15) years ago... That is one giant heaping mound of fun and enjoyment that's gone on since then.

(And I note for the record: World of Warcraft opened in 2004, the year after this was all going on....)
Re: Non-discriminatory Warm Fuzzies 06/07/2018 02:13 PM CDT
It's definitely been a wild trip for me coming back from a ~15 year absence back in 2016. And probably not even four days go by when I don't see other people who were gone for years coming back and asking things like... What's the Adventurer's Guild? What's a chrism? What's Sunfist? What's LTE? What are T1s/T2s/etc.? Can empaths hunt now? What happened to Voln fu?

Sure, everybody can name things they'd like to see worked on/finished/started, but GS is a neverending project and that's part of why we love it. It really is amazing to look back, and our GMs past and present--and future--are awesome.

https://gswiki.play.net/Leafiara