uh yeah, so for me, this game should have been shattered all along 01/23/2018 09:14 AM CST
Yo. i decided to write this publicly to you guys.

the story is longer and much more personal so i'll skip details.

most of my life has been a completely screwed up and mostly unlucky. However, through a lot of hard work both internally and externally, i now have a wonderful family. As i'd expect from any Gemstone player, my daughter is in the gifted class. Things are cool.

at this stage, one of the things that keeps me in check on a daily basis is sitting here looking at code. tweaking codes. adding this, adding that. There is no other platform that allows me to do that in such an enjoyable way. It clears my head at the end of the day. It calms my ADHD. It puts PTSD on the back burner. The botched vasectomy still hurts. maybe you guys can figure that one out for me...

Further, as I'm losing my ability to hear through a neurological condition (yeah, if i lived in the wild, i'd have been dead long ago), using Lnet and talking with people in shattered is the easiest way for me to communicate in general, as i learn ASL. I don't know, life is frustrating and your game makes it better. I thought you should know.

As always, I am still encouraging a GM to pay a little attention to Shattered. My vultite katana still isn't a fing-longer (single tear rolls down cheek)

So that's it. I'm glad that i've refound you. Thanks

Re: uh yeah, so for me, this game should have been shattered all along 01/23/2018 06:02 PM CST
I typically do not have the time in my personal life to spend any extra in shattered, but I wanted you to know I saw your post, and that I send huge respect to you as you keep moving forward through all your adversity. It's amazing how GS has been such a refuge for so many, and continues to be.

Best wishes for success with less of the other junk!

~Liia

Gweneivia softly says, "Lavabombs are just the isle's way of saying it loves you."
Re: uh yeah, so for me, this game should have been shattered all along 01/24/2018 06:32 AM CST
Thanks for reaponding. I know you don't have time. I was just joking about that cause i throw in a plea for an alter into almost anything.

But for reals. I have all of these problems that i can't control. it's such nonsense. I have an iq in the 150s but can barely function. But this game keeps me very much entertained and in check and it's worth noting because it's truly unique. I just wanted to say thanks.
Re: uh yeah, so for me, this game should have been shattered all along 01/27/2018 11:14 PM CST
>>But for reals. I have all of these problems that i can't control. it's such nonsense. I have an iq in the 150s but can barely function. But this game keeps me very much entertained and in check and it's worth noting because it's truly unique. I just wanted to say thanks.

I know what it's like to have problems you can't control. I feel for you, and can commiserate. Thanks for being part of our little world!

~Just Jainna