Petition to SIMU 12/19/2017 05:21 PM CST

Hi
I would like to write a petition to Simu, to make them understand we care, still, about this game and we don’t accept the way it goes lately. I would like people to unite and yell in unison that we want changes. I don’t necessarily want to be the flagbearer nor take credits in this. I want the people that still care the game to say it and hopefully, changes will occur.

PLEASE BONIFY IT, LET’S WORK THIS PETITION TOGETHER AND SEND IT WHEN MOST OF US ARE SATISFIED WITH IT. More players = more weight to it.

And if we want to make it successful, we need to be realistic (SMART-way maybe? Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, time-bound)?
Simu’s a business. They need to make money. I see 3 different ways to do so:

1) Increasing the player’s base
2) Payed events
3) Simustore

The point 2 and 3 are directly affected by the number of point 1. So all and all, everybody’s winning when there’s more players (us by having a stronger community, them by having more revenues). I am not saying they should cut 2 and 3. I am saying: focus on point 1 and naturally point 2 and 3 will increase as well. win-win!

That being said: (if an idea is bad, we scratch it, plain and simple, same for others).

We would want:
A team dedicated to free development of the game with ETAs, we want transparency.
New professions, new races, new areas, new weapons, new subgroup of armors (between hard leathers and chain (scale?) and between chain and plate (hard scales? Banded?), new towns (see custom town below), new way to travel (mounts?), more scripted interactions with the world (npcs that can actually interact with you, more environment that can be actually altered by player and so on ). Doing it the AGILE way would be great as well (no need of a new race that takes 3 years to develop.

We want: loyalty being rewarded for players yearly or monthly ( a la premium point but for everyone). Every year, as an example, you get a free alteration.

We want: active ads to bring more players. BE 2017-2018, be more aggressive in ways to bring more players.

We want: an actual town that can be altered by players. Everyone, EVERYONE, can have its own room that he can alter by paying with silvers (silver drain) and dynamism here. NO personnal house or no personal shop, only a room with custom NPCs that you could make him something you’d want and you’d use (a wizard? A cleric? An empath? An artisan?. Every level of him would cost you X silver per month, money drain here as well!).

We want: a registry system that would cost, as an example, 1k per level per item per month (or year). By registering the item, you can go to that place a RECOVER it if you lost it (by paying a fee again or not). Not registering items would mean, if you get disarmed, or whatever, it’S lost. Win for gms that would stop taking requests to recover item, win for players that will stop being afraid to lose items and win for the economy since it’d be a silver drain. Item lost is a BIG irritant for you and for us

We want: MEGA-NODEs that you must pay x amount of silver per your own level per hour. Doing so give you an extra absorption rate. Money drain

We want: a fee per month to be within a city. You’ve passed x number of hours in this city, you must pay tax or be kicked out. Citizen pays less, of course. Money drain

We want: breakage (not like in gs3, it needs to be slow, very slow and reparable easily) ? Silver drain.

We want: ability to have a child. That child would be a NPC, you must take care of him, cuddle and hug (buy him food, clothes, and so on). After a certain amount of time (years?) one can play the character, either you or someone else that you'd allow.

We want: Food and beverage. By eating or drinking quality stuff, you get small boost (+ 1 con bonus, + 1 strength and so on). Not eating per x hour would make you weaker. Money drain

We want: hunting animals for foods and restaurants in taverns. That’d great dynamism! (Ok, table 12 asked for 2 orders of this and that, delivering in 120 seconds!).

We want: JOBS. I wanna be a waiter in the game, ok, 1 hour of dedication = 1k exp + x amount of silvers (if people wanna tip me, great)!. There’s so many jobs that can be done: one could be a gardener, getting vegetables out of this area and delivering at this tavern, weapon master that teach soldiers how to fight, you need to imput this command on that soldier, action-reaction, nurses with the poor and the sick, you need to heal those person, cure those) AND SO ON! DYNAMISM here with the environment. There could be ranks, more ranks = more exp, more silvers per hour. and so on.

We want: Ability to remove EXP out of character and put it in your items of choice. By sacrificing 100k (example) of experience, you permanently increase a value. (values: weighting, padding, limit of breakage, flaring, other abilities like scripted things with the environnement, weapon that speak? More intelligent and more the more you pay?) and so on
Give more suggestions to light up this world. We care about gemstone, every little step = win-win for everyone.

We want: ...
Re: Petition to SIMU 12/19/2017 06:54 PM CST
Sorry, but I won't be joining this. Increasing the player population is always a good thing and I've said for years that GS should be more aggressive in their advertising, but this petition includes far too many items beyond that scope that I (and I know most others) either do not want or do not care about.

Were this petition only about encouraging Simu to devote more to advertising or improving customer service training for NIR (not all of them need it, but there are a couple that very obviously do), I'd get behind it. As it stands, all the fat needs to be trimmed off first. It's too broad and doesn't have near enough focus to be a serious petition.

Not to mention that, judging by the list of wants you list, you want to make the whole of GS editable by the player population... which is def NOT something I want. Go play Second Life if that's the experience you're looking for, it's where I spend much of my non-GS time.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Petition to SIMU 12/19/2017 07:13 PM CST
I actually wouldn't want anything on that list (and in many cases would petition against them) other than more advertising and maybe ETA transparency for dev. Probably not even that second one, though, since reactions when deadlines get missed are... not always pretty.
Re: Petition to SIMU 12/19/2017 10:43 PM CST
I call trolling. I want nothing to do with this.
Re: Petition to SIMU 12/19/2017 10:56 PM CST
There are some interesting ideas here, but I'd go into more detail. This describes some rewards and some automation of existing systems. I'm certain a few of them won't be popular, either way, but some of these will appeal to a cross-section of players.
Re: Petition to SIMU 12/20/2017 01:04 AM CST

what

*~Omni Exeunt in Mysterium~*
Re: Petition to SIMU 12/26/2017 10:27 AM CST

<TL;DR>

I'm for the loyalty rewards. I mean, i've got a 6 month login streak going on, the boosts are nice, but hey...it'd be nice to have more.

But as to the rest?

This "We want" crap? ...I don't really want any of it. If i wanted that stuff, i would still be playing Soujourn. or some other Dikumud for free.

You presume too much, friend.

And i'm going to call a halt here, so i don't get censured, because i have a lot of harsh words that come to mind with this.