Searchable Earth Elementals 06/29/2017 08:09 PM CDT
I'm not sure if this if this is a bug or if it is intentional but earth elementals in the confluence are searchable.

Based on my most recent bounty either the earth elementals should be fixed or the bounty task should be updated.

>ask guard about bounty
The guard says, "Ah, so you're from the Adventurer's Guild? Yes, we do have a task for you. One of our citizens was attacked by a huge earth elemental in the Elemental Confluence near the Elemental Confluence. He barely escaped with his life. Unfortunately, in his haste to escape, he dropped a family heirloom of great sentimental value to him. He has put up a reward for its safe return. The heirloom is a polished bloodwood bracelet and you'll be able to identify it by the initials TO engraved upon it. Hunting down the creature that attacked him won't do you much good, as I don't think they take a liking to treasure. You'll probably find the item wedged into some nook or cranny in the area if you do a thorough SEARCH. Report back to me once you have retrieved it."

Thanks!

-- Robert

* Wyrom was just vaporized!
Re: Searchable Earth Elementals 06/30/2017 12:28 AM CDT
Do the Earth Elementals in the confluence drop more than just gems? The ones in the bowels are SEARCH bounties too, but I always assumed it was just because the elementals would never normally drop jewelry or other non-gem treasure.

Fyonn's player
Re: Searchable Earth Elementals 06/30/2017 12:49 AM CDT
>Based on my most recent bounty either the earth elementals should be fixed or the bounty task should be updated.

No, they are currently correct. They only drop gems, they don't have item treasure.

Coase
Re: Searchable Earth Elementals 06/30/2017 05:49 AM CDT
Wind wraiths (if you kill them the right way) and soul golems are also lootable but have search bounties because their loot isn't standard.
Re: Searchable Earth Elementals 06/30/2017 09:01 AM CDT
>> >Based on my most recent bounty either the earth elementals should be fixed or the bounty task should be updated.

>> No, they are currently correct. They only drop gems, they don't have item treasure.

>>-- Coase

I did confirm that I was able to search the area to complete the bounty (so the bounty is correct). For clarity, all of the elementals in the confluence except for earth elementals disappear when they die and leave their treasure on the ground. When earth elementals die, however, there is a dead elemental on the ground that needs to be searched in order to reveal their loot.

This seems like a bug with the earth elementals but maybe there is a design reason for why earth elementals are handled differently than the other elemeentals.

-- Robert

Re: Searchable Earth Elementals 06/30/2017 11:55 AM CDT
They can fall on you when they die.
Re: Searchable Earth Elementals 06/30/2017 12:55 PM CDT
>> They can fall on you when they die.

(!) Who knew!?!? (maybe everyone but me). That likely explains the difference then.

-- Robert

Re: Searchable Earth Elementals 07/01/2017 10:33 AM CDT
Its their design. Since the Earth elementals are corporeal they are also the only elemental you can leg, for example.
Re: Searchable Earth Elementals 08/24/2017 11:24 AM CDT
>(!) Who knew!?!? (maybe everyone but me). That likely explains the difference then.

Just wait until the first time you reflect its Hurl Boulder back at it, it kills it, then it falls on you and kills you. Only then will you be a true Confluence hunter.

~ Methais
Re: Searchable Earth Elementals 08/24/2017 07:43 PM CDT
>> Just wait until the first time you reflect its Hurl Boulder back at it, it kills it, then it falls on you and kills you. Only then will you be a true Confluence hunter.

I'm not certain I've ever seen one even fall over, let alone on me... I must be doing it wrong.

-- Robert

You gesture at a colossal glaes-covered meteor.
The scream of tortured metal echoes around you as the lightning bolt strikes a colossal glaes-covered meteor.