Oddities with Attune 12/21/2016 05:31 PM CST
I was wondering if other are experiencing this oddity, and what to make of it.

I've noticed that sometimes an area will display full vision with the attune verb, and sometimes it doesn't. I know from previous posts that some areas suppress location magic, but I don't think that applies here.

For example, a few days ago, it was also in dark palisades. I'm showing the following from my log:

-Start of log section
[Dark Palisade, Lovers' Leap]
The desolate moor gives up life to a jagged cliff of jet black volcanic rock and the grey sea beyond. Cold wind carries the spray of the waves below against the rocks and howls up the face of the cliff below. It draws a mournful wail from the dark stone as it hurtles onto the moor, blowing the tenacious shrubs into drawn and flat shadows of their normal shapes. You also see the edge of the precipice.
Obvious paths: north, south, west

[netflix]>attune sense
You close your eyes, focusing on the background elemental flows.
You feel your senses being pulled towards a strong fluctuation...

[Wind Tunnel]
The tunnel seems oddly warm here despite the vicious gale ripping in from the sea behind. From somewhere far ahead a dull red glow pulsates unevenly in the perpetual gloom. The wind rushes forward anxiously, but perhaps this path was never meant to be taken by mortals. You also see a point of elemental instability.
Obvious exits: east, west

You open your eyes and your senses return to you.

-end of log section

Tonight on Teras, attune tells me that the instability is in dark palisades. So tonight, from the same room as before, and I'm not able to see the vision.

-start of log
[Dark Palisade, Lovers' Leap]
The desolate moor gives up life to a jagged cliff of jet black volcanic rock and the grey sea beyond. Cold wind carries the spray of the waves below against the rocks and howls up the face of the cliff below. It draws a mournful wail from the dark stone as it hurtles onto the moor, blowing the tenacious shrubs into drawn and flat shadows of their normal shapes. You also see the edge of the precipice.
Obvious paths: north, south, west

[netflix]>attune sense
You close your eyes, focusing on the background elemental flows.
You sense an unusual fluctuation emanating from the Dark Palisade.
Roundtime: 4 sec.

-end of log

I've seen similar experiences in other areas as well.

- Casis

.:KMFDB:.
Re: Oddities with Attune 12/21/2016 05:56 PM CST
The instability may have wandered into a location suppression room as well, if any around there.

Works on both ends.
Re: Oddities with Attune 12/21/2016 06:09 PM CST
Thanks Roblar,

That does seem to be the case, just tested the room with my empath and indeed the room with the instability was blocked.

- Casis

.:KMFDB:.
Re: Oddities with Attune 12/21/2016 06:24 PM CST
Welcome!
Re: Oddities with Attune 01/15/2017 08:16 PM CST
I wonder if it still spawns on top of the graveyard gate. Lol.