Ice Elementals Blocking 10/11/2016 10:45 AM CDT
You gesture at a huge ice elemental.
You hurl a seething blast of steam at a huge ice elemental!
A heavy barrier of stone momentarily forms around a huge ice elemental and blocks the attack!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Shouldn't that be a heavy barrier of ice, due to ice elementals being made of ice instead of stone?

~ Methais
Re: Ice Elementals Blocking 10/11/2016 08:41 PM CDT
Didn't you get the memo? Elemental Lores have nothing to do with the elements they are named after.

In the next creature review, elementals will also be updated to further reflect current elemental lore so you can get situations like...

You gesture at a huge ice elemental.
You hurl a seething blast of steam at a huge ice elemental!
A heavy barrier of stone momentarily forms around a huge ice elemental and blocks the attack!
In response to your attack, lightning shoots from the body of the huge ice elemental and strikes you in your head! Stunned into next year!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

A huge ice elemental gestures at you. A giant ball of fire engulfs your left arm searing it off. Good thing you're a righty!

It just isn't PC to restrict elementals to just one element any more.

-- Robert

A powerful whirlpool is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!
Re: Ice Elementals Blocking 10/12/2016 07:48 AM CDT
>It just isn't PC to restrict elementals to just one element any more.

But elementals are NPC ... and probably should be restricted in the lores they know. Lots of water lore on water elementals, not so much earth.
Re: Ice Elementals Blocking 10/12/2016 07:55 AM CDT
>It just isn't PC to restrict elementals to just one element any more.

You're right. I'm going to do some self reflection and reevaluate my bigoted ways.

It's totally insensitive of me to just assume someone's element like that. Just because it was born an ice elemental doesn't mean it can't identify as an earth elemental, and we should be more tolerant of such things.

Thank you for setting me straight, my goal is to learn and grow from this.

~ Methais
Re: Ice Elementals Blocking 10/13/2016 07:53 AM CDT
It was just locker room talk, Robert. You've got to grab an elemental right by the ... elemental.