Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/20/2016 03:10 PM CST

I think the problem is that you can't measure them, so you don't know what pick to use. They're quite difficult at the high end, but the difficulty is all over the place. So pickers either waste time (and ruin picks?) working their way up to a pick that will give them exp, or they pick everything with vaalin and locklore and usually get no/minimal experience.
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/20/2016 03:14 PM CST
This was from a lightning elemental that I had a "slight advantage" on. I got all max enhanced for the hunt and 1711ed and everything. Eesh.

You channel at a huge lightning elemental.
CS: +541 - TD: +485 + CvA: +25 + d100: +17 == +98
Warded off!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/20/2016 03:44 PM CST
I'd like to see the difference between pure elemental, hybrid, and pure spiritual TD's.

It should be lowest for pure elemental, mid for hybrid and high for pure spiritual.
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/20/2016 04:12 PM CST
You probably meant this but that is reversed. Their TD should be lowest for pure spiritual, mid for hybrids and highest for pure elemental.
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/20/2016 04:22 PM CST
You probably meant this but that is reversed. Their TD should be lowest for pure spiritual, mid for hybrids and highest for pure elemental.

No, why would spiritualists be the best at damaging elemental creatures? I would think an elemental caster would know how to manipulate the elements better than a spiritual caster.

Spiritualists already go up against the lowest TD's throughout the game. It won't kill them to have one difficult area.
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/20/2016 04:54 PM CST
>No, why would spiritualists be the best at damaging elemental creatures?

It's not that spiritualists should be the best at damaging elemental creatures, but elemental creatures (and PCs) by definition have far lower spiritual TD in the game.

The problem is a lot of the capped creatures are elementals and elementalists, which makes elemental TDs across the board far higher than they are for spiritualists in post-cap hunting.
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/20/2016 05:18 PM CST
>No, why would spiritualists be the best at damaging elemental creatures? I would think an elemental caster would know how to manipulate the elements better than a spiritual caster.

Think about it: what type of TD do elemental spells provide?

Droit

Speaking to you, Ceyrin asks, "Do you spontaneously come back to life when you die?"
Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "Because I do."
You say, "Yes. I have a condition called Annoraxia.""
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/20/2016 05:59 PM CST
So what creatures are easier for elemental casters than spiritual casters?
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/20/2016 06:23 PM CST
>You probably meant this but that is reversed. Their TD should be lowest for pure spiritual, mid for hybrids and highest for pure elemental.

If you really want things to make sense, ice/water elementals should have the lowest TD against fire spells, fire should have the lowest TD against ice/water spells, etc.

>Think about it: what type of TD do elemental spells provide?

Let opposite element spells give a good TD pushdown. Wizards are supposed to be the masters of the elements. If we run into something that's made of fire, we're not gonna be like, "AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!" we're gonna say, "Golly it's a good thing I just happen to be a master of the elements so I can master the crap out of this fire elemental that just walked in with a heavy dose of ice and justice!"

I would also have no problem with something similar for spirit characters.

The only problem with the TD pushdown thing with wizards is we don't have enough warding spells to go around for each element. Not that it's anything to write home about anymore, but Immolate is our only elemental based warding spell that can be used regularly unless you count 415.

Ice Patch is only good for one cast and is useless against non-crittable stuff (like elementals).

Stone Fist well you know.

Air is what, 505 for a stun that also doesn't work on elementals?

Oh yeah and Weapon Fire. When was the last time Weapon Fire was cast other than for "I haven't cast this spell in a few years, let's try it out again....nope, still sucks." reasons?

Since making those spells more than just situational limited use fireworks doesn't seem to be on the horizon, let Immolate cover all 4 elements, either via ATTUNE like how 502's element does, evoke, whatever, etc. The flavoring wouldn't take much to come up with. The spell works the same as it does now, just with different elements.

It would also give more wizards use of the spell at lower levels. Now you can go to Teras and cast Blizzard on fire mages and stuff or cast Meteor Swarm on pyros, since we can just call the earth version of 519 that and free up the 525 slot so that we can move Rapid Fire there and remove the cooldown and then move Haste to 515 so we can have a level 35 spell slot available for something worthy of a level 35 spell slot.

Anyway, elemental casters should excel at fighting elemental based creatures if the correct element is used against it, and spirit casters should excel at fighting spirit based enemies based on...I dunno, throwing a ghost at a zombie or something, we have plenty of creative people to brainstorm its flavoring.

~ Methais
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/20/2016 07:32 PM CST
Creature TDs are balanced separately for each sphere of magic according to the boosts it provides, especially at the level cap. Its because of this (well, 425 really) that Elemental and Sorcerer TDs are consistently higher across the board. There will be variation depending on the spells involved, levels of creatures, etc but it is usually the case. Since 425 is a permanent boost it has to be taken into account unlike other temporary or non-native CS boosts. In addition to this, Elemental TD spells only provide half their TD when defending against Spiritual Magic potentially making the discrepancy even worse. However, NPCs are probably balanced with a specific success threshold in mind and take all of that into account. I think a robust elemental vulnerability system would be a fun idea and a great way to add more depth to combat but probably difficult to balance.

FWIW here is my cleric in the Confluence without enhancives:

>312
You chant a reverent litany, clasping your hands while focusing upon the Fervent Reproach spell...
Your spell is ready.
A single dim, golden globe springs to life in your left hand. With a flick of your left wrist, the globe dances through the air toward a huge lightning elemental!
CS: +508 - TD: +455 + CvA: +25 + d100: +99 == +177
Warding failed!
The orb squarely impacts a huge lightning elemental, discharging the golden energy over its entire being for 57 points of damage!
The golden energy pulses for an additional 39 points of damage ...
... 23 points of damage ...
... 11 points of damage ...
... dissipating with a final discharge of 5 points of damage!

Your orase runestaff releases a spray of acid!

... 5 points of damage!
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/20/2016 08:11 PM CST
>>d100: +17 == +98

So, an 80% chance to ward isn't a slight advantage? What would be?

Doug
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/20/2016 08:21 PM CST
Creature TDs are balanced separately for each sphere of magic according to the boosts it provides, especially at the level cap.

The way I see things, the balance is off.

Clerics should be best against the undead and decent against the living.
Empaths should be best against the living.
Wizards should be best against anything elemental and decent against the undead(fire) and living.
Sorcerers should fall somewhere in the middle, towards the upper end.

It makes no sense that spiritual casters are the best against elemental creatures.
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/20/2016 08:50 PM CST
>It makes no sense that spiritual casters are the best against elemental creatures.

This argument doesn't make any sense because balance is made with defensive capabilities of each creature or PC in mind. Elementalists have strong elemental defense and spiritualists have strong spiritual defense. As for offense - anyone should be able to demolish any character with sufficient training of a specific type. That's why there's supposed to be variety in both magical and melee attacks. You're not supposed to hunt everything the same way.
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/21/2016 07:40 AM CST
>This bug also applies to inc 903 evoke with water elementals and greater water elementals as I've posted in the Wizard folder and bug magic'ed in game also.

>Also, is it intentional that inc 903 evoke does not work on fire elementals, or is that a function of it being based on fire lore?

Minor Steam should now properly incant/evoke when cast at water and ice elementals as well as other ice creatures.

As for fire elementals... can you explain exactly what doesn't work? In testing, minor steam works in the sense that it will cast/evoke the correct spell at the fire elemental, however they are immune to the heat damage and thus the spell will not damage them. Was it not casting the correct spell, or was it simply not damaging them?

~Contemplar~
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/21/2016 09:05 AM CST
Well, I tried Unbalance since their Spiritual TD is lower. Unfortunately that spell is really, really bad.

There's also something else strange that happens near the 3rd cast of Pain: the TD has gone up by +15 with no messaging of any kind and goes down again after that; please recall that Corrupt Essence (703) has a TD pushdown so the TD is expected to be lower. There was only ever one water elemental in the room at a time.

Anyway, the new TD is also buggy.

>incant 711
A salty sea breeze stirs as you chant an old sailor's ditty, invoking Pain.
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a huge water elemental.
CS: +485 - TD: +428 + CvA: +25 + d100: +50 == +132
Warding failed!
A huge water elemental is wracked with painful spasms!
... 87 points of damage!
>incant 703
Wait 1 sec.
>incant 703
Wait 1 sec.
>incant 703
A salty sea breeze stirs as you chant an old sailor's ditty, invoking Corrupt Essence.
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
CS: +485 - TD: +394 + CvA: +25 + d100: +38 == +154
Warding failed!
A huge water elemental is suddenly surrounded by a blood red haze.
>incant 110
A salty sea breeze stirs as you chant an old sailor's ditty, invoking Unbalance.
Your spell is ready.
CS: +404 - TD: +391 + CvA: +25 + d100: +96 == +134
Warding failed!
... 1 point of damage!
>incant 711
Wait 1 sec.
>incant 711
A huge water elemental forms its hands, palms outward toward you!
The blood red haze surrounding a huge water elemental swirls, causing it to falter.
Your spell is ready.
CS: +485 - TD: +428 + CvA: +25 + d100: +31 == +113
Warding failed!
A huge water elemental shudders in pain.
... 69 points of damage!
>incant 711
Your spell is ready.
CS: +485 - TD: +443 + CvA: +25 + d100: +18 == +85
Warded off!
Nothing happens.
A huge water elemental sloshes northwest, gurgling noisily.
>nw
[Elemental Confluence]
Sizzling tongues of glowing red-orange fire unfold mid-air, feverishly licking at a half-melted wall of opaque white ice. Deeply grooved furrows in the stony expanse drain the constant influx of water away from the glacial mass, disappearing down slivered zigzagging fractures in the terrain. Intermittently, harsh winds rake over the land and cast the spindrift back into the ice mass with a muted whipping sound. You also see a huge water elemental.
Obvious paths: southeast, southwest
>incant 711
Your spell is ready.
CS: +485 - TD: +428 + CvA: +25 + d100: +96 == +178
Warding failed!
A huge water elemental contorts in excruciating agony!
... 105 points of damage!
The blood red haze dissipates from around a huge water elemental.
>incant 702
A salty sea breeze stirs as you chant an old sailor's ditty, invoking Mana Disruption.
Your spell is ready.
You channel at a huge water elemental.
CS: +485 - TD: +428 + CvA: +25 + d100: +91 == +173
Warding failed!
Target staggers in pain for 42 points of damage!
You sense a surge of essence being dragged from the elemental and into your multicolored soulstone.
The water elemental begins bubbling violently before evaporating into nothingness.
As the last of the water elemental disappears, a shard of grey plinite appears in its place.
The silvery luminescence fades from around a huge water elemental.
The bright luminescence fades from around a huge water elemental.
A huge water elemental appears somehow different.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around a huge water elemental.
A huge water elemental glances around, looking a bit less confident.
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves a huge water elemental.

I also note that someone didn't like my random pasting of a Grimswarm ranger. Here's a mage:

>incant 711
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a Grimswarm troll elementalist.
CS: +475 - TD: +413 + CvA: +18 + d100: +79 == +159
Warding failed!
You feel the unnatural surge of necrotic power wane away.
A Grimswarm troll elementalist shudders and twists in intense pain!
... 128 points of damage!
Your ebonwood staff flares with a burst of flame!
... 25 points of damage!
Burst of flames to left hand fries palm. Ouch!
The troll elementalist howls in agony as the flames dance over her body!
... 35 points of damage!
Flames burn neck into a bubbling mass of flesh. Forget lunch.
The troll elementalist is stunned!
>sac ele
You focus your inner thoughts, channeling a part of your spirit as you initiate a link with the troll elementalist.
Steeling your thoughts, you begin to draw energy from your victim.
The elementalist contorts in agony, her mouth open in a silent scream!
Your senses tingle, then become awash in a flood of power as the life leaves your hapless foe!
The troll elementalist falls to the ground and dies.
The bright luminescence fades from around a Grimswarm troll elementalist.
A Grimswarm troll elementalist appears somehow different.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around a Grimswarm troll elementalist.
[ Sacrifice Cooldown: +0:20:00, 0:19:59 remaining. ]
A Grimswarm troll elementalist glances around, looking a bit less confident.
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves a Grimswarm troll elementalist.
You feel 116 mana surge into you!
Roundtime: 10 sec.

Note that the TD of 428 seen above for an elemental is very much on the lower end, and mid-440 is typical, with nearly 460 being not uncommon on the cold side.

I understand staff will do what they want, but please don't claim that these TDs are below average! I don't think this is a very viable hunting ground for elemental or hybrid warding hunting in the mid-90s...which somewhat defeats the purpose.

The deathbot will come back eventually.

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/21/2016 09:24 AM CST
>As for fire elementals... can you explain exactly what doesn't work? In testing, minor steam works in the sense that it will cast/evoke the correct spell at the fire elemental, however they are immune to the heat damage and thus the spell will not damage them. Was it not casting the correct spell, or was it simply not damaging them?

I probably worded that poorly. It's been a while since I tested it but I'm pretty sure it casts steam on them and they just absorb it, which makes sense. I was mostly just asking if they're supposed to be immune to it, which I expected them to be.

And thanks for the quick fix with the water/ice elemental thing.

Now if we can get these TDs looked at some. Plane 4 has lower TDs and they're higher level than the confluence's 95-100 range. Confluence TD got jacked up a little too much.

~ Methais
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/21/2016 11:41 AM CST
>the TD has gone up by +15 with no messaging of any kind and goes down again after that

This is probably Elemental Bias (508) which after ELR has a chance of raising ElemTD by +20 for any cast (so SorcTD by +15 or SpirTD by +10).

That 110 has become unusable against earth elementals is a symptom of a longstanding design problem: TD against minor spell circles (and MjS for pure spiritualists) is exactly the same as against professional circles and MjE when they fall under the same sphere, despite the fact that player CS for those circles is ~50 points lower. This problem has been bandaided many times by giving various spells their own pushdowns but 110 doesn't have that so here we are.

(In theory one could solve this elegantly by eliminating the CS overtraining bonus and downscaling TDs to match but I don't think players would like that.)
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/21/2016 12:26 PM CST
>Minor Steam should now properly incant/evoke when cast at water and ice elementals as well as other ice creatures.

Thanks for the fix!

>As for fire elementals... can you explain exactly what doesn't work? In testing, minor steam works in the sense that it will cast/evoke the correct spell at the fire elemental, however they are immune to the heat damage and thus the spell will not damage them. Was it not casting the correct spell, or was it simply not damaging them?

It wasn't damaging them, but if you say it isn't supposed to then I suppose it is working correctly. Are fire elementals also supposed to be acid immune? The wording for 903 is just confusing since inc 903 (evoked) still says that that you're preparing Minor Water when the spell cast is Minor Steam:

>inc 903
Your hands glow with power as you invoke the phrase for Minor Water...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a siren.
You hurl a seething blast of steam at a siren!
AS: +541 vs DS: +490 with AvD: +70 + d100 roll: +21 = +142
... and hit for 54 points of damage!
Boiling vapors cooks abdomen evenly. Haggis anyone?
The siren is stunned!

Also, while someone is looking into bugs, there is a still standing bug with 515 in that the focusing effect doesn't ramp up on misses due to magical effects firing, even though the Wiki says it's supposed to. For example, the 414 barrier on cerebralites and 640 wall of thorns on Grimswarm both prevent the ramp up and treats that cast as if it didn't occur.
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/21/2016 12:28 PM CST
Also, inc 519 evoke gives 3 seconds of hard RT, so it does not override incant channel settings even for single use.

>inc 519 evoke
You intone a phrase of elemental power while raising your hands, invoking Immolation...
Your spell is ready.
You channel at a greater water elemental.
CS: +544 - TD: +570 + CvA: +25 + d100: +95 == +94
Warded off!
Wisps of black smoke swirl around a greater water elemental for a moment, then dissipate.
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/21/2016 01:02 PM CST

<< There's also something else strange that happens near the 3rd cast of Pain: the TD has gone up by +15 with no messaging of any kind and goes down again after that; please recall that Corrupt Essence (703) has a TD pushdown so the TD is expected to be lower. There was only ever one water elemental in the room at a time. >>

That is probably the new lore benefit of spell 508, which is a spell the elementals wear.
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/21/2016 01:20 PM CST
Thanks ZHOUY1 and KARDIOS for info on Elemental Bias lore benefit. Still getting used to all the Elemental Lore review changes! I should get the message on gswiki for what that spell falling looks like: "A huge water elemental appears somehow different" for 508?

It would be nice if that lore benefit had some kind of messaging. Perhaps an oversight in the lore release. It's strange when you see numbers change without any kind of corresponding message, like "The water elemental gets a very happy smile, even though it has no face." and "The water elemental suddenly looks just a little sadder about warding your spells" etc. :D

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/21/2016 09:13 PM CST

One more request - how about a core that allows for one entry into the confluence without losing outside spells? :-) Could be on the less common side, so that people can't use that every time, but it would be really nice.
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/22/2016 04:49 AM CST
Also a core that lets you flip to the other side instead of looking for a pit.
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/22/2016 07:39 AM CST
>Also a core that lets you flip to the other side instead of looking for a pit.

Gold rings are pretty reliable for this, unlike setting on tranquilities, etc.

Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/22/2016 09:45 AM CST
How did I not realize gold rings work for that! Thanks!
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/22/2016 12:08 PM CST
Are you guys sure that the full spectrum of cores got released? So far I've only heard of 5 types being found: glowing, churning, tranquil, stable, balanced. Seems like even if the other cores mentioned in the initial release were very rare, someone would have found them by now with the renewed interest in the Confluence. Coase mentioned "temporary reactive elemental flares, temporary enhancive boosts, and more!"

Droit

Speaking to you, Ceyrin asks, "Do you spontaneously come back to life when you die?"
Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "Because I do."
You say, "Yes. I have a condition called Annoraxia.""
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 02/24/2016 08:42 PM CST
First off--these updates are awesome!

I noticed that when selling a container to the gemshop, the dealer took the "named" cores but left the faintly glowing ones. Can we please update to allow mass selling of these cores?

Thank you!

-The mind behind Rowmi's eyes.
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 03/27/2016 09:48 AM CDT
Is it intentional that all elementals in the Confluence have +100 vs Evil Eye (717)? Is this unique to this one spell?
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 03/27/2016 04:15 PM CDT
>Is it intentional that all elementals in the Confluence have +100 vs Evil Eye (717)? Is this unique to this one spell

How often would you be landing 200+ end rolls without the boost? I'm guessing they just don't want people running around one shotting swarms, assuming that's how Evil Eye/Eye Spy still works.

Don't you get no loot though on those kills? I can't remember, but if you get no loot then I wouldn't see the reason for it either.

~ Methais

Waiting for wizards to be fun again:
https://webappstatic.buzzfeed.com/static/images/public/spinners/big_on_white.gif
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 03/27/2016 07:45 PM CDT
>Is it intentional that all elementals in the Confluence have +100 vs Evil Eye (717)? Is this unique to this one spell?

I assume it's flavor: because they're not immune like undead are, but you really have to work at it to scare a ball of flame to death.
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 03/27/2016 08:20 PM CDT
My best bet at hunting there is 4 casts of pain for each target...so far.
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 03/28/2016 05:24 PM CDT
Ive gotten away with 2 good casts of pain and two mana disrupts, more pains required on poor rolls. Have you noticed grasp of the grave not working on anything in there?
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 03/28/2016 11:33 PM CDT
>Have you noticed grasp of the grave not working on anything in there?

For what it's worth, none of wizards' crowd control spells work on them either.

~ Methais

https://webappstatic.buzzfeed.com/static/images/public/spinners/big_on_white.gif
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 03/29/2016 03:17 AM CDT
Evil Eye (effectively), Grasp of the Grave, Implosion I can't get to work. Also strange as I thought 720 worked against earth elementals in the Bowels. Maybe I need to test it more, though it's not my preferred option.

The new TDs are really ridiculous. It's extremely difficult to hunt the cold side as a warding sorcerer pre-cap now. Deaths are 1/3 of entries (?) and mana is a problem.

And I see that lightning elementals can have TDs upwards of 490. I feel like I need to be several million experience post cap with full 3x spells to reliably hunt here.

Bummer too as I was enjoying the hunting in RR.

>While the creature TDs are still lower than average

Is this really supposed to be true for elemental and semi-elemental warding? I keep hoping every day for a post that this was a knee-jerk reaction so I can go back to hunting there.

Can we find a single sorcerer between 95 and 99 to tell me hunting here is more feasible than I think?

Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 03/29/2016 07:45 PM CDT
The TDs are a bit too high now. Especially considering they can't be CC'd at all and don't crit either.

~ Methais
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 03/31/2016 06:13 AM CDT
Is the TD for the elementals supposed to increase like this? This happened back to back just now:

>312
You chant a reverent litany, clasping your hands while focusing upon the Fervent Reproach spell...
Your spell is ready.
You channel at a huge lava elemental.
A single dim, golden globe springs to life in your left hand. With a flick of your left wrist, the globe dances through the air toward a huge lava elemental!
CS: +508 - TD: +440 + CvA: +25 + d100: +81 == +174
Warding failed!
The orb squarely impacts a huge lava elemental, discharging the golden energy over its entire being for 58 points of damage!
The golden energy pulses for an additional 40 points of damage ...
... 24 points of damage ...
... 12 points of damage ...
... dissipating with a final discharge of 6 points of damage!

Abruptly, you sense the attention of your spirit slayer focus upon a huge lava elemental. The pattern of your spell is wrested away from you as the mote of white light flares with blinding brilliance.

Two dim, golden globes spring to life next to your spirit slayer. A whirl of spiritual energy engulfs the globes before they go flying through the air toward a huge lava elemental!
CS: +543 - TD: +450 + CvA: +25 + d100: +15 == +133
Warding failed!
The orbs squarely impact a huge lava elemental, discharging the golden energy over its entire being for 32 points of damage!
The golden energy pulses for an additional 22 points of damage ...
... 13 points of damage ...
... dissipating with a final discharge of 6 points of damage!
You sense a surge of essence being dragged from the elemental and into your multicolored soulstone.
The lava elemental hardens into a chalky rock that quickly crumbles away into nothingness.
The silvery luminescence fades from around a huge lava elemental.
The bright luminescence fades from around a huge lava elemental.
A huge lava elemental appears somehow different.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around a huge lava elemental.
A huge lava elemental glances around, looking a bit less confident.
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves a huge lava elemental.
R>
The mote of white light next to you disappears.
>
A huge lightning elemental arcs in, crackling with power!
>chant sym
You chant a reverent orison and lightly clasp your eye symbol. A rush of divine power washes over you. Your symbol pulses once and you feel the impassive presence of Fash'lo'nae observing you from within.
>312
Your spell is ready.
A single dim, golden globe springs to life in your left hand. With a flick of your left wrist, the globe dances through the air toward a huge lightning elemental!
CS: +530 - TD: +440 + CvA: +25 + 50 + d50: +46 == +211
Warding failed!
The orb squarely impacts a huge lightning elemental, discharging the golden energy over its entire being for 84 points of damage!
The golden energy pulses for an additional 58 points of damage ...
... 34 points of damage ...
... 17 points of damage ...
... 8 points of damage ...
... dissipating with a final discharge of 4 points of damage!
The divine power suffusing your actions wanes, leaving you bereft of Fash'lo'nae's aid.
R>
A huge lightning elemental arcs east!
>312
You do not currently have a target.
>e
>312
[Elemental Confluence - ]
Dirt and stone shift chaotically here, the ground climbing and dipping like a banner flapping in a strong wind. As the earthen ground is torn asunder, great plumes of smoke and steam briefly rise up in its wake, before once again being covered by rock and land. A resounding thunderclap reverberates across the sky, the brief glow of yellow lightning flashing beyond toothy mountainous peaks. You also see a huge lightning elemental.
Obvious paths: north, southwest, west
>
Your spell is ready.
CS: +508 - TD: +450 + CvA: +25 + d100: +68 == +151
Warding failed!
The orb squarely impacts a huge lightning elemental, discharging the golden energy over its entire being for 41 points of damage!
The golden energy pulses for an additional 28 points of damage ...
... 16 points of damage ...
... 8 points of damage ...
... dissipating with a final discharge of 4 points of damage!
The lightning elemental vanishes into a flurry of sparks that rapidly dissipates away.
As the last of the lightning elemental disappears, a blood red garnet appears in its place.
The silvery luminescence fades from around a huge lightning elemental.
The bright luminescence fades from around a huge lightning elemental.
A huge lightning elemental appears somehow different.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around a huge lightning elemental.
A huge lightning elemental glances around, looking a bit less confident.
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves a huge lightning elemental.
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 03/31/2016 08:06 AM CDT
>Is the TD for the elementals supposed to increase like this? This happened back to back just now:

Infernal ELR update to 508, gives a messageless chance for a +20 ETD boost (=+15 sorcery, =+10 spiritual) on the next warding attempt.

I was confused about this earlier in the thread too.

I thought I made a post requesting this in a more appropriate location (Wizard Spells folder). I look around a bit and if not post it.

https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/508

Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 03/31/2016 08:14 AM CDT
Oops, I should have checked the ELR stuff before posting. Thanks for the clarification, Daid. That really needs messaging or something.
Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 03/31/2016 08:38 AM CDT
The 508 TD proc shouldn't apply to critters. Things are dumb enough as it is with ridiculous TDs in the Confluence now.

~ Methais

Re: Elemental Confluence Updates! 04/01/2016 03:26 AM CDT
Well, Estild added messaging, and the TD creatures got was double what was intended, so at least we got a bone concerning the latter one.

This sort of thing doesn't bother me so much, if the TDs weren't so difficult to begin with.

Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page