Stupid earthen roots 01/24/2016 09:32 AM CST
Well, if they're not as dumb as an average pile of earthen roots, they sure are dense.

I'm imagining the fact that they resist Phase (704) is not unintentional (other herbs seem to do that). And from their name, obviously they were meant to be heavy (5 pounds!).

However, even if they are intended not to fit in jars (which also is a little irritating for hoarding), certainly the below messaging cannot be correct

>get my root
You grab a dense earthen root from one of the large pouches lining the inside of your silk cloak.
>get my jar
You grab a long-necked glass jar from a small pocket inside of your silk cloak.
>put root in my jar
The bundle of root is too unwieldy to put in the jar. Unbundling the root would make the task possible.
>stow l
You tuck the glass jar into a small pocket inside of your silk cloak.
>bund remo
You are not holding a bundle of anything. How do you plan to remove something from it?

Often being in River's Rest, I'm use to certain things that don't fit into jars (like the shells of satan), but the messaging is different and more sensible in those cases.

Although it would be nice if they actually fit into jars, I doubt that's going to happen. So I'd just like to request the messaging to be accurate. I did a BUGITEM in game as well.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Stupid earthen roots 01/25/2016 05:18 AM CST
I se 5lbs, herb, bundle, and I wonder, did you try eating one?
Re: Stupid earthen roots 01/26/2016 06:39 AM CST
I wonder, did you try eating one?

Well, the alchemist told me no bundling and no snacky time, but this was an extra one from my last bounty, anyway...

>eat my root
>You take a bite of the earthen root. It has an unpleasant earthy flavor with the definite aftertaste of dirt. It takes you a few seconds to choke it down.
>You have about 9 bites left.
>Roundtime: 5 sec.

...a while later...

>You take a bite of the earthen root. It has an unpleasant earthy flavor with the definite aftertaste of dirt. It takes you a few seconds to choke it down.
>You only have one bite left.
>Roundtime: 5 sec.
>put root in my jar
>The bundle of root is too unwieldy to put in the jar. Unbundling the root would make the task possible.

You sound like my older sister when I was 5 years old, who used to get me to eat dirt and flowers and stuff. Meanie.

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Stupid earthen roots 02/05/2016 01:49 PM CST
Though the crystalline stalks are the only ones that aren't identical to each other for stacking for sale at player shops.

Is this intended or a bug? Seems a little strange to me that each one is unique...? Though I could be missing something about their properties. It doesn't appraise for any value at the alchemist, gemshop, furrier, or pawnshop.

Re: Stupid earthen roots 02/07/2016 06:47 AM CST
>Though the crystalline stalks are the only ones that aren't identical to each other for stacking for sale at player shops.

Its probably related to their brittleness script.
Re: Stupid earthen roots 02/07/2016 11:09 AM CST
>Its probably related to their brittleness script.

That's a good point. It probably has to keep track f how many times each herb has been handled.

Droit

Speaking to you, Ceyrin asks, "Do you spontaneously come back to life when you die?"
Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "Because I do."
You say, "Yes. I have a condition called Annoraxia.""
Re: Stupid earthen roots 02/07/2016 12:01 PM CST
>>Its probably related to their brittleness script.

>That's a good point. It probably has to keep track f how many times each herb has been handled.

I think it must have a timestamp or they have some variable amount of brittleness? I've yet to find ones I can stack together in the shop, and usually I'm like 1) forage; 2) stow; 3) get it out; 4) shop sell