Confluence Death Message 06/24/2015 01:11 PM CDT
So, I love that this is a thing now, but I have one suggestion (not so much a complaint): can we make it more interesting?

* SomeSchmoe just bit the dust in the Elemental Confluence!

is so vanilla and blah. It should be cool, like the rift death messaging. First time I went to the rift, I wanted to die just so people knew I was a badass rift hunter (before the rift was easy and anybody could do it).

Something like:

* The crackling, distorted scream of CoolPerson pervades your mind!
* You hear the crackling, distorted scream of CoolDude, which is suddenly cut short!
* The turbulent screams of AwesomeMan filter briefly through your consciousness!

* He died in the place where he was! is no bueno!

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: Confluence Death Message 06/24/2015 01:13 PM CDT

>* SomeSchmoe just bit the dust in the Elemental Confluence!

>is so vanilla and blah. It should be cool, like the rift death messaging. First time I went to the rift, I wanted to die just so people knew I was a badass rift hunter (before the rift was easy and anybody could do it).

That's just for the Landing Confluence. The messaging is *Person {town messaging} in the Elemental Confluence! so you can tell the area where they entered.
Re: Confluence Death Message 06/24/2015 01:16 PM CDT

I thought the same at first but I think the intent was a way to decipher in which confluence someone died. We have the area specific death message for the first half and "in the Elemental Confluence" for the second half tells everyone exactly where they need to look for an instability to rescue you.

Granted I haven't seen the Confluence death messaging exact for folks dying near Landing. I expect someone dying in an Icemule confluence would show up as Person was just put on ice! in the Elemental Confluence.
Re: Confluence Death Message 06/24/2015 01:40 PM CDT
I really don't think people need hints about what city someone has entered from. If a rescuer doesn't have a bunch of summoning lore, Locate will tell you exactly what city they're in and if they're in the confluence.

It's terribly flavorless, but c'est la vie, I guess.

~Brian, Sepher's player