Thank you all for an amazing year 06/09/2017 01:27 PM CDT
Leafiara turned one year old a week ago today and I wanted to reflect on my journey and on how amazing many of you have been to her and to me over that year.

When I came back to the game I didn't intend to RP much if at all. I wanted to hunt giant rats and greater kappas like I was 13 years old again, simple as that! But slowly everyone pulled me in, welcomed me, and made the RP special to me.

In fact, over time the game flipped to the opposite of what I expected. I have way more fun hunting with at least four other characters of mine than I do with Leafiara, so if I were only looking at hunting then I'd probably have transferred one of my other characters to my premium account and let Leafi collect dust. But if I look at the overall experience, she still gets by far most of my attention and care--and that's because of all of you awesome players and characters who invited Leafi into your lives.

Thank you.

Thank you for indulging this poor soul when I felt that at best I was just a mediocre RPer who tries hard. (Sometimes I still feel that way today.)
Thank you for helping me find my footing and improve.
Thank you for helping me to change course when I started trying too hard.
Thank you for inviting Leafi into Kenstrom story time.
Thank you for spending hours chatting with her at a table about Kenstrom story time.
Thank you for small talk while hunting.
Thank you for small talk in Town Square Central, Town Center, North Market, or the trophy room.
Thank you for mayoral votes.
Thank you for heckling.
Thank you for girls' nights out.
Thank you for lunches and dinners.
Thank you for spa days.
Thank you for weddings--whether as a bridesmaid, a maid of honor, or a guest.

Thank you to everyone who's ever interacted with Leafi and with me, who keep me here through challenging times both in-game and out.

I don't know what the future holds or what kind of life circumstances will get in my way or in anyone else's, but for today at least I hope there's still so much more to come. Acquaintances that might become friendships, friendships that can grow closer, and characters who haven't yet begun their adventures who could work their way into Leafi's heart one day.

And I'm looking forward to seeing you there.

Cheers, Elanthia!