Never had the chance to say thank you 10/06/2016 03:22 AM CDT
I began playing Gemstone around 1995, it was then I found the magic of a place called Elanthia. I left for about 2 years in 1999, only to return to play from 2001 until I left for good in 2012. So many memories, so many newfound friends. Most names, you either won't know, or won't remember, but for me, they are forever a part of me. Surely I will miss a few names, but twenty one years and hundreds of people met, well, forgive me if miss a few. To some, if not most, it will be a boring read, but I felt it necessary in my own mind, to share what the lands left in my heart. Anyway...

Luvlost- The first person I ever chatted with in Gemstone.

Amabala- My first love, with whom I wandered out of the safety of the Landing. I still recall a few days after we met, she had her son ask me where I was when Kennedy was shot. When I replied "which one", she knew we were of similar age, and we hit it off from there.

Shelandra- From 1996 until I left in 1999, every evening was spent with her. Four to six hours a night, pretty much every night of the year.

Jilaad and Jazzfirst- Pairing these up because as a couple, Shelandra and I would meet with them for a two hour bull session at one if the inns. What began with four people quickly grew into a meeting place of as many as twelve to fifteen people nightly, some would visit for five or ten minutes, others would end up staying the rest of the night with us.

Marc and Shotty- My best friend and his lovely in-game and real life wife. Marc was actually one of the legends of the game, he pretty much wrote the ins and outs of how to play a wizard. As far as I recall, he was only one of three people who actually had their own house, before housing became available to the masses.

Solstyse (spelling?)- We became great friends, she never let on for one second that she was dying in real life. The day her name came up as permanantely biting the dust (forgot the actual announcement) I was in total shock. It was a week later that a sibling of hers would seek myself and a few others out to inform us of her passing. She had kept notes of those who touched her life, and her sibling felt it necessary to let us know what happened. I cried myself to sleep that night. It's amazing how someone you never met in real life, can have an effect on you.

Morgynn- One of the first people I aquainted myself with soon after my return to Gemstone. She pretty much sacrificed her time to help me hunt on Teras. We became close, then she disappeared without warning for a year or so.

Amberrain- Few liked her, even fewer understood her. Though she rubbed many the wrong way, she always stood her ground, perhaps a bit too much. But she was like a sister to me, and generous to a fault to those in need. Sometimes, people pre-judge, based on hearsay and false rumors, and I fear that may have gotten the best of her.

Mirrage- My in game daughter and one of two (the other I am saving for last) who took me from a casual rp'er and made me into a hardcore one to the point of whenever I played, I pushed aside all aspects of real life and became one with my character.

Laralei- Hmm, I am at a loss as what to say here. Miss you. We had something really special. Phone cards were relatively inexpensive at least.

Sheztella- The lady I spent a good portion of my initial return with. For the longest time, she was my companion, we would do everything together. She was my life for the longest time, and one who impacted my life in Gemstone like only one other person has.

Llaedra- My heart, my soulmate, my best friend, and my love. We had met (I don't recall it but she told me) in the park when I was doing colors for the masses. She tells me I took her hunting (must have been twice her level), and after the hunt we parted ways. As the story goes, her interest in me began. Of course, I was oblivious and to speculate, probably gave her no more than a cordial hello if we ever passed each other. One night, sitting at a table with her best friend (in a roleplay scenario as always), her friend mentions to her that she had been adopted by and was now the daughter of a fairly well known Ranger. In character (as always), "Mirrage, who might this Ranger be" she asked. Mirrage replied happily "His name is Timbren". Now, to put it in perspective, Llaedra NEVER went OOC, even when sitting in private with whoever she was in contact with. And trust me, never means never. But as rumor has it (and admitted to by both Mirrage and Llaedra) Llaedra exclaims "Timbren?????" That supposedly ended the "in character" scenario for the night, and Mirrage was instructed to "bring Timbren to her to meet her". The rest is history.

Llaedra, you brought out the best in me. When I arrived in Gemstone for the evening, night after night, you magically took me out of the real world and into a place we called Elanthia. I can only speculate as to how many people "play" the game, and how many people "live the game" We were the latter, and I am forever grateful. A few months ago, you brought up the idea of us returning to the lands, and well, to be honest, there's a big part of me that really never left.

To everyone mentioned here, as well as the many that I didn't mention, know that I am forever grateful.

Jerrmaz 95-99 Timbren 01-12