Triton Sentry....???? 05/21/2011 10:48 AM CDT
Not a complaint....I have hunted many Sentries but this is the first time I saw them have a similar if not the same ability as a bog spectre.

[Ruined Temple, Second Floor]
The passage comes to an abrupt stop at the base of several shattered statues that prevent travel to the west. Despite the obstruction, water ebbs and flows onward in both directions. You also see an ethereal triton sentry and some muck.
Obvious exits: east, southwest
>w
>incant 703
>stance def
[Ruined Temple, Second Floor]
The passage comes to an abrupt stop at the base of several shattered statues that prevent travel to the west. Despite the obstruction, water ebbs and flows onward in both directions. You also see an ethereal triton sentry and some muck.
Obvious exits: east, southwest
>
You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Corrupt Essence...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at an ethereal triton sentry.
The dull golden nimbus surrounding an ethereal triton sentry suddenly begins to glow brightly.
CS: +515 - TD: +434 + CvA: +25 + d100: +8 == +114
Warding failed!
An ethereal triton sentry is suddenly surrounded by a blood red haze.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>
Cast Round Time in effect: Setting stance to guarded.
>
Your disk arrives, following you dutifully.
>
An ethereal triton sentry points an ethereal, clawed finger toward you!
A blood red haze swirls in an ethereal triton sentry's eyes and she convulses slightly.
>stance guard
>incant 715
>
You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Curse...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at an ethereal triton sentry.
A thread of brackish blue magic issues forth from your hand toward the triton sentry. It coils itself around her, whirling malevolently before disappearing within her body.
An ethereal triton sentry shakes slightly and looks very vulnerable!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>
Cast Round Time in effect: Setting stance to guarded.
>
Could not find a valid target to loot.
>
You are not holding anything in your left hand.
>
An ethereal triton sentry's eyes flash a bright, ghostly blue as she stares deeply into your eyes!

An explosion of intense pain fills your mind, and you reel, captured by the triton sentry's dreadful stare! You futilely try to scream as a tortuous wave ripples through your body, leaving you writhing as you collapse!
You feel drained!
SP>incant 711

You are still stunned.

Peace
Zhelas

(Lord Paladin walks around Droit examining his equipment.)
Lord Paladin: How does he....How does he work?
Re: Triton Sentry....???? 05/21/2011 11:47 AM CDT
Hmm. . . you know, I don't know that I've ever seen a sentry do that either, Zh.

Would seem odd to not ever have seen it.

Doug
Re: Triton Sentry....???? 05/21/2011 12:17 PM CDT
Ithzir Seers and Initiates use something similar to that. It's like a mentalist mind crush ability. Quite varied in its effects.

"Halflings speak Halfling & Common. They don't speak in dog whistle." - GM Thandiwe
Re: Triton Sentry....???? 05/22/2011 11:17 AM CDT
I wonder if thats new, I've been hunting Sentries since the temple opened, and I've never ever seen that.

Isle Snack Muncher