Tips on hunting in the lava flows? 04/08/2011 04:42 PM CDT
I think I've only hunted in the lava flows once and I remember getting my leg burned off. I'm looking at hunting areas that I haven't done before and I'm thinking pyrothags are interesting. Are there any tricks to hunting in the flows in order to avoid the environment ending your hunt early?
Re: Tips on hunting in the lava flows? 04/08/2011 05:06 PM CDT
Yep!

First and foremost, stay east of the sw/ne midline of the lowest portion of the hunting grounds. If you venture west, the lava will get you. Anywhere up the hill is safe.

Next, make sure your DS is always low enough to give pyros about a 30% chance to hit you. Don't worry about getting hurt, those clubs harmless. You just want to avoid the shards, which giving them a decent chance to hit will do. Carry bloody krolvin ale to deal with blood loss from the damage weighting.

Third, just avoid the damnable wasp nests. You can hit them when they are "strangely quiet" but it is hardly worth the effort.

Fourth, Do not search Skayls unless you are a masochist or else a sorcerer with a demon in the room who can accept cursed items.

AIM: GS4Menos

>Here lies the formless world we´re living in
>Gravity is finally giving in
>High altitudes and still upward we go
>I was never meant to lead but to follow
Re: Tips on hunting in the lava flows? 04/08/2011 08:19 PM CDT
>>Anywhere up the hill is safe.

The nice thing about this area you will only find Pyros, wasps and the Thraks. There aren't any skyals. If you find one of the Red Scaled Thraks there will be a herd.

>>Next, make sure your DS is always low enough to give pyros about a 30% chance to hit you. Don't worry about getting hurt, those clubs harmless. You just want to avoid the shards, which giving them a decent chance to hit will do. Carry bloody krolvin ale to deal with blood loss from the damage weighting.

Or cothinar flower which can be foraged in the two rooms just before you leap into the wind wraiths area. One bite restores about 50 health.
If you can disable the pyro, do so it can't swing it's club. As a result, won't have to worry about the shards. As a sorcerer, I blew off it's right arm rendering it harmless. My ranger just sniped them. Otherwise staying light is extremely helpful.

>>Third, just avoid the damnable wasp nests. You can hit them when they are "strangely quiet" but it is hardly worth the effort.

>>Fourth, Do not search Skayls unless you are a masochist or else a sorcerer with a demon in the room who can accept cursed items.

You haven't received your full initiation on Teras unless you accidentally attack the wasp nest or search the skyal. If you are a warrior, be careful of berserking. I know quite a few warriors who have zerked and hit the wasp nests. A cleric can also quickly uncurse the Skyals Heart.

Peace
Zhelas

(Lord Paladin walks around Droit examining his equipment.)
Lord Paladin: How does he....How does he work?
Re: Tips on hunting in the lava flows? 04/09/2011 05:48 AM CDT
>>You haven't received your full initiation on Teras unless you accidentally attack the wasp nest or search the skyal. If you are a warrior<<

Well said, Zhelas!
Anmut