Empty wasp nest still killed me 04/20/2018 09:00 AM CDT
[Lava Flows, Sinkholes - 2128]
Streams of molten lava from the southern ridgeline vanish into sinkholes here, the liquid stone returning to subterranean realms through holes burned in the older basalt. With molten lava vanishing almost underfoot the ground here is uncomfortable to even walk on, and the heated air feels like an oven. You also see a point of elemental instability and a wasp nest.
Obvious paths: east, west

The wasp nest is strangely quiet.
>
>
>

>incant 510
Reciting the mystical phrases of Hurl Boulder, you feel a rime of frost wreathe your blue eyes and infuse them with an icy blue energy that dissipates as you release your spell.
Your spell is ready.

You gesture at a wasp nest.
You hurl a large boulder at a wasp nest!
AS: +408 vs DS: +200 with AvD: +22 + d100 roll: +12 = +242
... and hit for 87 points of damage!
Suddenly a swarm of wasps erupts from the wasp nest, filling the air with the dreadful droning of their wings! The enraged wasps block out the sky as they swoop down to defend their nest!

The great swarm descends upon you! Their glistening stingers hammer into you over and over, and you feel your life slipping away as you collapse.
You no longer feel so dextrous.

wut?

~ Methais
Re: Empty wasp nest still killed me 04/20/2018 01:00 PM CDT

Is there messaging for when they wake up, or is that log what happens if you attack one immediately after it woke up?
Re: Empty wasp nest still killed me 04/20/2018 05:39 PM CDT
That’s the auto kill message, but the nest goes “quiet” to indicate that it’s empty. I’ve killed plenty of nests just like it that were empty with the same quiet messaging, which is why I’m wondering if this instance is a bug or something.

~ Methais
Re: Empty wasp nest still killed me 04/21/2018 08:52 AM CDT
Meanwhile inside the nest...

Wasp Leader says "I think we may have one, he's still out there."

Wasp Leader says "Looks like the hook is in... just a little longer..."

Wasp Leader exclaims "This is just too easy... wait for it!"

Methais gestures at a wasp nest.

Wasp Leader exclaims "GO! GO! GO!"

-- Robert

Due to the volatile atmosphere, random bolts of lightning can intermittently be seen streaking through the skyline.