Is this correct? 05/11/2016 11:57 PM CDT
I tried using different spells against a soul golem but everything gets absorbed. A cleric can cast 317 and actually hit them. Is this intended?

Also, I know wind wraiths used to absorb the 518 spell since it was lightning. Since the ELR, you can now cast cone of fire etc, but the wraiths try to absorb the bolt as if it were lightning. Is this something that should be adjusted?

Thanks,

Jara
Re: Is this correct? 05/12/2016 12:31 AM CDT
from the wiki:

These creatures appear to be immune to all forms of normal damage from sorcery, health-damaging spells (like Harm and Pain), all elemental sources of damage, and all curses. Furthermore they are puncture resistant. Holy spells and holy effects (such as holy water flares, voln-based holy damage abilities, and various cleric secondary effects) still damage them.

Character formerly known as Drauz
Re: Is this correct? 05/12/2016 12:37 AM CDT
Interesting, thanks for replying on the soul golems. I wonder if there still needs a correction on the wind wraiths.

Jara
Re: Is this correct? 05/12/2016 06:03 AM CDT
Its a horribly boring area since the Voln changes and really needs a critter redesign.
Re: Is this correct? 05/12/2016 12:55 PM CDT
>Its a horribly boring area since the Voln changes and really needs a critter redesign.

Could you elaborate? My paladin is nearly level 61, and I considered to move him from RR in the Citadel to the Teras and the Temple of Luukos for a couple levels.

It'll get me to the very edge of the front end of the undead gap (one level past RR), and I've also never really lived on Teras so that'd be fun for me I think.

I'm also curious if which/any paladin magic works on soul golems. There's always Crusade to eat up my mana if nothing else works. Then again if no one knows it's as good a reason as any.

Maybe I should get him to 61 and take the two boats off to Teras. Only a bit over a week to burn my present FIXSKILL, and it'd be a good idea what the Temple of Luukos is like before swapping my skills around.
Re: Is this correct? 05/12/2016 01:06 PM CDT
>>Maybe I should get him to 61 and take the two boats off to Teras.

Indeed. And then race to 66 trains (I think?) and head to the Rift.

Doug
Re: Is this correct? 05/12/2016 04:39 PM CDT
>Could you elaborate? My paladin is nearly level 61, and I considered to move him from RR in the Citadel to the Teras and the Temple of Luukos for a couple levels.

I couldn't stomach it for more than one level. It was just got so tedious spending forever bleeding out critters that were incapable of fighting. (Wind wraiths are golem as well non corp so even if you smite them you still have to bleed them out). Maybe soul golems were interesting for the 20% of the combat that it took to disable them, but wind wraiths are completely innocuous if you go in there decently prepared (and deadly if you don't, there's virtually no middle ground for an interesting contest either you are invulnerable or you get killed).

If you haven't been there before you might find it interesting to explore but I'd been there, done that when the critters were more interesting.
Re: Is this correct? 05/14/2016 08:21 AM CDT
I got a couple wind wraith bounties. I didn't get injured a single time, though they are as poor as dirt.

Didn't manage to get a soul golem bounty. Discovered the Eye of V'Tull is terrible for a paladin with plate armor, at least near lava golems, which do multiple "plinks" but each one results in 10 to 25 damage heating my armor.

Think I'll finish up in the Citadel until getting fried annoys me, and then come back to Teras!