Upgrade to fire sprites? 12/30/2015 02:07 PM CST
My hunting partner and I were hunting in the lower eye today and fire sprites seemed to have gained a new ability. We've been hunting this area for a few months now so I know they didn't used to behave this way. Are they now immune to arrows for some reason?

>look
[Depths of V'Tull, Lower Eye]
Streams of fragmented magma and magmatic gasses vent upwards at high velocity from a cylindrical cone in the ground. The heated fragments form a column, which roils upwards and out through a huge crack in the ceiling. The path curves around the cone in either direction. You also see a fire sprite that appears stunned.
Also here: Ranger
Obvious exits: northeast, southeast, northwest
>
Ranger nocks an oatmeal-hued wooden arrow fletched with leaf-painted feathers in her pawprint-etched bow.
Ranger fires an oatmeal-hued wooden arrow fletched with leaf-painted feathers at a fire sprite, but it has no effect!
The oatmeal-hued arrow disappears into the local environs.

>
Ranger nocks an oatmeal-hued wooden arrow fletched with leaf-painted feathers in her pawprint-etched bow.
Ranger fires an oatmeal-hued wooden arrow fletched with leaf-painted feathers at a fire sprite, but it has no effect!
The oatmeal-hued arrow streaks off into the distance!

-- Robert

Bazzelwyn says, "Maul maul maul maul maul maul maul."
Bazzelwyn says, "The answer is maul."
Re: Upgrade to fire sprites? 12/30/2015 09:38 PM CST
Magical monsters require enchanting mark (perfect) or e-blade?
Re: Upgrade to fire sprites? 12/31/2015 01:04 PM CST
Thanks Rolfard! We dug out some old arrows and they still worked and finally figured out that the newest batch of arrows was made with normal wood vs. faewood.

-- Robert

Bazzelwyn says, "Maul maul maul maul maul maul maul."
Bazzelwyn says, "The answer is maul."