soul golems 03/02/2015 02:29 PM CST
The bestiary is totally vague on these guys. I understand they have a lot of immunities? What actually does work on them?

Apparently elemental spells don't work. Weapons do, as does UAC, although slowly since golem types are not crittable. Do clerical spells such as holy bolt work? Sorcerer spells?

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: soul golems 03/02/2015 02:35 PM CST
The only spell that ever worked on soul golems was 302, turn undead. I am not sure if the current incarnation of turn undead works. Otherwise they are completely magic immune.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: soul golems 03/02/2015 05:37 PM CST
>>Apparently elemental spells don't work. Weapons do, as does UAC, although slowly since golem types are not crittable. Do clerical spells such as holy bolt work? Sorcerer spells?

All cleric spells should work on them. If I recall correctly blessed aquamarine wands don't. I have no idea if that is a bug or not though.
Re: soul golems 03/02/2015 09:09 PM CST
Ok, two somewhat differing opinions. I ask the question because I have a friend who is a pure casting wizard, who tried to hunt soul golems and failed. I was thinging clerical spells would work, so I blessed some aqua wands for her, but no good. Does anyone know for sure if Holy Bolt cast directly from a cleric works or not? If it does, this may be a bug that needs fixing. The critters code may be reading these as still being normal aqua wands, perhaps.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."