wind wraith UAC bug 09/12/2013 07:21 AM CDT
The crit message changes but they don't actually get critted when under the effect of smite.

You attempt to smite a wind wraith!
You have excellent positioning against a wind wraith.
Your arm and fist briefly glow silver with holy power!
UAF: 343 vs UDF: 354 = 0.968 * MM: 97 + d100: 42 = 135
A crimson mist suddenly surrounds the wind wraith as it is unwillingly drawn into the corporeal plane!
Roundtime: 4 sec.
R>pun he
>
You make a precise attempt to punch a wind wraith!
You have excellent positioning against a wind wraith.
UAF: 343 vs UDF: 354 = 0.968 * MM: 92 + d100: 85 = 174
... and hit for 59 points of damage!
Awesome punch to forehead snaps head straight back with a sickening CRUNCH!
Roundtime: 4 sec.
Re: wind wraith UAC bug 09/14/2013 11:42 PM CDT
>The crit message changes but they don't actually get critted when under the effect of smite.

This is more of an oddity with wind wraiths. Most non-corporeal critters are immune to crits of all sorts by virtue of being non-corporeal. Wind wraiths are additionally set to be crit immune in the sense that golems are -- you can deal injuries to them, but not kill them outright with a crit. I'm not sure why they were set that way, but I assume it is purposeful under the circumstances.
Re: wind wraith UAC bug 09/15/2013 05:08 AM CDT
I assume the purpose was so that only Voln fu could crit kill them (and not other methods of making them corporeal). Or are you saying that this is a recent change to them and they have deliberately been made immune to the powers granted by Kai?
Re: wind wraith UAC bug 09/15/2013 09:45 PM CDT
Voln Fu is a bad example for anything because it ignored all rules.

Wind wraiths have not been changed as far as I am aware; they already had this behavior before unarmed combat (which was probably observable with 704), which is not an immunity to smite -- it is an immunity to being crit killed. You can still remove their limbs and deal several types of status effects.
Re: wind wraith UAC bug 09/16/2013 01:13 PM CDT
Voln fu had its own set of rules. The Arkati granted special powers to those they favored to help them against undead.

Golem is a typical undead characteristic just like non corp is, and Voln should have an advantage against it, just like it does against non corp and immunity to unblessed weaponry. It used to, and it still should.

Its just not right that the way undead used to be killed: "Awesome spear hand strike penetrates solar plexus and ruptures the heart!", "Double spin flying roundhouse shatters skull and turns brain to jelly", now kills the living but not the undead.

UAC is an extremely boring system to use against undead because so many are golems and there is no MStrike equivalent. Its bad enough that undead golems are golems, but having wraiths as golems too is wrong in all sorts of ways.