water in Nelemar 08/21/2011 09:49 AM CDT

Someone once posted a map of Nelemar Temple with the watery rooms marked off. Anyone remember that link?
Re: water in Nelemar 08/21/2011 09:56 AM CDT

Or failing that, how do I tell if there is water in the room; can I use the "splash" verb?
Re: water in Nelemar 08/21/2011 12:15 PM CDT
Yes.

Or, realize (highlight?) the word MUCK, as these rooms plus one or two others have water in them.

Doug
Re: water in Nelemar 08/21/2011 12:51 PM CDT

I thought muck was the result of a disintegrating disk + water; some water rooms wouldn't have muck?
Re: water in Nelemar 08/21/2011 01:10 PM CDT
Not entirely. From my observations, there are two types of muck:

1) Permanent in room -- usually reserved for the second floor areas, outside of the nexus chamber (which has no permanent muck, but conveniently has 'water mood' messaging as a signal).
2) Temporary in room -- resulting from slaying a water elemental (can also be a 'puddle' and note -- no disk required). Since most of the rooms on the second floor already have muck, you don't see this often in the second floor area, but when the water elementals begin to stray into the wings and third floor approaches, it becomes much more evident.

I've given one room where there is usually no muck, but there is water. I think three or four others exists. It has been a while since the elf roamed the halls of the temple. Splashing will allow one to find them, as stated. But -- in my experience generally just noting the presence of muck in the room is sufficient. It should also be noted in passing that there are likewise a few rooms in the second floor area where there is no permanent muck, and no water (upper north west corner of second floor, before descending the stairway). Here is where you'll get a puddle if you slay an elemental.

Give it a try.

Doug