Fire Elementals 07/12/2011 12:09 AM CDT
I just got a bounty task to go hunt down an fire elemental. I have not hunted them before. Can anyone tell me anything about them, like what spells they cast and such? For some reason they worry me-- maybe because I've heard too much about Fire Mages and I am confusing the two a bit.

And by the way, any info on Lava Golems would be useful too.

Thanks for any input.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Fire Elementals 07/12/2011 03:52 AM CDT
Fire elementals cast major ewave I believe. Never found them to be that dangerous. Lava golems will heat up your armor if it's metal and the results can be fatal. Knock em down and wail away on them.

-Richard/Fjalar.
Re: Fire Elementals 07/12/2011 04:32 AM CDT
Nice concise, direct answer, Richard. Major ewave is no fun, but maybe I'll give them a shot. Thanks.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Fire Elementals 07/12/2011 08:13 AM CDT
Do not implode the elementals
Re: Fire Elementals 07/12/2011 12:43 PM CDT
>>Do not implode the elementals

Heh. Well, at the moment it is my ranger who would be hunting them, so no risk of implosion. I also have a cleric and a bard on Teras who could get tasks in the same place, but still no imploding from them.

Thanks for the advice, though, in any case.

--David

Re: Fire Elementals 07/12/2011 08:13 PM CDT
>Heh. Well, at the moment it is my ranger who would be hunting them

They also cast weapon fire if I recall. also, swinging at lava golems will cause your blade to heat up and potentially burn you as well.

Like most elementals, fire elementals are not terribly impressed by blades. (pathetically low DF against most physical weapons) but if you've got water or ice crits it'll help.

-Jurp
Re: Fire Elementals 07/27/2011 01:58 PM CDT
Lava golems are probably the most dangerous thing down there. Not only do they heat up your weapon/armor causing flare damage, when they successfully hit you with an attack they gain another attack and a boost to attack strength. If I remember correctly up to three hits and they flare every hit. This can easily end up with a massive stun or outright health loss death from a single attack. Best not to let them attack at all. They also do not stun and I believe absorb some types of attacks. Lower eye of teras is one of the more fun and challenging hunting grounds, good luck.