Fire Giant/Lava Troll gen rate broken? 06/23/2011 05:10 PM CDT
Just wondering if the person who owns the fire giants and lava trolls on Teras Isle could check and see if everything is working as intended? The fire giant and lava troll gen rate seems to be incredibly slow compared to the gen rate of hags and ogres. I'm thinking this can't be intended?

I'd appreciate it if you could check it out. Thanks!

~Taverkin
Re: Fire Giant/Lava Troll gen rate broken? 06/24/2011 10:49 AM CDT
If you solo hunt the area you will not see many of them, and they tend to come out slower than the hags/ogres. Just what I've noticed from hunting there the last few months.
Re: Fire Giant/Lava Troll gen rate broken? 06/24/2011 07:30 PM CDT
I'm not just talking a little bit slower. At one point yesterday I hunted the area, had to leave and come back because I filled up on boxes, and after about 45 minutes of killing hags and ogres I saw a fire giant spawn. That's not the norm. Usually I see a few giants and trolls in a 15 minute hunt, but completing a bounty for them could easily take hours.

Generally speaking, the gen rate of hags and ogres is okay, not great. The gen rate of lava trolls and fire giants is not just slower, it's practically non-existent!
Re: Fire Giant/Lava Troll gen rate broken? 06/28/2011 05:36 AM CDT
I just started hunting there with my warrior. I've found that if I see a slow rate of any type of creature in most of the area, that means they're bottled up behind the stone bridge.

And I agree about the steam effect...too bad my warrior wears chain right now! He died yesterday from it for the first time.

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

Speaking to Plur, Belnia says, "You're no Kembal."
Re: Fire Giant/Lava Troll gen rate broken? 06/29/2011 03:09 AM CDT
All critter generation rates in that area are roughly equal, and not particularly slow. You may not be fully exploring the region if you see a dearth of critters.
Re: Fire Giant/Lava Troll gen rate broken? 06/30/2011 06:22 AM CDT
That's a possibility. Does anyone know the full extent of this area? I've seen the few rooms before the bridge, the area across the bridge, and a 2-room area within that can be accessed by climbing the ridge. Am I missing something?
Re: Fire Giant/Lava Troll gen rate broken? 07/02/2011 10:44 PM CDT
>That's a possibility. Does anyone know the full extent of this area? I've seen the few rooms before the bridge, the area across the bridge, and a 2-room area within that can be accessed by climbing the ridge. Am I missing something?

There are two bridges for starters. In total there appears to be about 27 rooms that are part of the "volcanic flats" not including the top of the boulder. It sounds like your missing the second bridge maybe and they are getting stuck behind there as someone mentioned.
Re: Fire Giant/Lava Troll gen rate broken? 07/03/2011 02:37 PM CDT
Okay, that probably explains it then. Now I wish I knew where that second bridge is located!

~Taverkin
Re: Fire Giant/Lava Troll gen rate broken? 07/03/2011 04:19 PM CDT
There's an area or two that's not mapped on Tsoran's maps so it DOES require some exploration.
Re: Fire Giant/Lava Troll gen rate broken? 07/07/2011 05:48 PM CDT
If you've not found it yet, it's a room or two over from where the rickety bridge is. If you're using StormFront, turn on links, and you'll see it in the room description.

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

Speaking to Plur, Belnia says, "You're no Kembal."