Shattered weapons 04/11/2011 01:59 PM CDT
Ok, so I've been hunting in OTF for over a month using my rejects from trying to make a perfect lance.

I've lost about 4-5 lances to theft and nothing else. Just today, I lost 4 lances over the course of about 10 minutes, so I watch to see what's going on.

You thrust with an exquisite steel lance at an Ithzir seer!
AS: +400 vs DS: +431 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +100 = +108
... and hit for 4 points of damage!
Thrust slides along the back.
Cuts a nagging itch.
The scintillating red light surrounding the lance fades some.
As you hit, the steel lance suddenly shatters!
Roundtime: 5 sec.
Roundtime changed to 1 second.

So, is this something that just got implemented? I've killed a million seers and this has never happened. If this is the case...

/glitch

Cupcake is informing you that she wishes to have no further interaction with you OF ANY KIND! She desires that the two of you go your separate ways and have no further contact.

Strongest foe vanquished: The Legendary Chuck Norris
Re: Shattered weapons 04/11/2011 02:06 PM CDT
Was the lance poured for enchanting?

AIM: GS4Menos

>Here lies the formless world we´re living in
>Gravity is finally giving in
>High altitudes and still upward we go
>I was never meant to lead but to follow
Re: Shattered weapons 04/11/2011 02:39 PM CDT
That could be the case actually, thanks for that. I think I did pour some of these for enchanting long ago and never did anything with them. I hope so anyway.

/glitch

Cupcake is informing you that she wishes to have no further interaction with you OF ANY KIND! She desires that the two of you go your separate ways and have no further contact.

Strongest foe vanquished: The Legendary Chuck Norris
Re: Shattered weapons 04/12/2011 01:16 PM CDT
if you are a mage, cast 405 on the lances; that will tell you if they are tempering. Tempering weapons will shatter if used in combat.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"

"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."