Spectral Warhorse 05/30/2014 10:09 PM CDT
So, I just got back into the lands after a three year absence. I was puttering around Yegharren Plain hunting wights and such when I came across a Spectral Warhorse. I did some damage to it but it kept vanishing on me. I didn't remember these guys, they aren't listed on my map or in the Bestiary and Google only listed some joke someone made about them. Am I crazy or are these a thing?
Re: Spectral Warhorse 06/03/2014 01:22 PM CDT
As far as River's Rest goes, there are "spectral black warhorses" claimed on some of Tsoran's maps, though I've yet to see them in the Miasmal Forest. Lesser fetid corpses, greater fetid corpses, and luminous spectres are all summoned by moor wights, however. The greater moor wights summon greater corpses or luminous spectres, depending on their terrain (ranger's SENSE can give you a hint) according to copious parsing through my log files. It is my suspicion that spectral black warhorses might be summoned by lesser moor wights in the proper terrain, since as of now I am only aware they summon lesser fetid corpses in muddy wetlands. Unfortunately for the Miasmal Forest in RR, lesser moor wights are not often found in other terrain, so it's a bit of a trick to do the testing (but my wife was recently complaining that I was populating Oteska's Haven with skeletal soldiers whist I complained she populated the forest with swamp hags, so it's possible).

I'm sure Vanah made some brief comments about this, perhaps in the Towns/River's Rest folder when I was making or updating all the relevant KP pages for the creatures I mentioned above. But the KP logs suggest I did that editing in early-April, and the latest posts in the folder are from mid- to late-April so I think they just rotated out. I want to say she somewhat hinted at this being the right line of thinking, and might have said more. She's been a great help for helping me document elusive creatures or unusual abilities around River's Rest, but I don't want to misquote authority saying she said this or that. I'm rather sure she mentioned the Elven Nations when I was prying about warhorses, though.

Anyway, these two, along with the wikilinks to the creatures the summon, is what I've witnessed so far, which may help you slightly in your quest.

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Greater_moor_wight
http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Lesser_moor_wight

If you can find out more about warhorses in particular, like what summons them or what the terrain conditions are, I've been vaguely interested for awhile.

>(OOC) Rozy's player whispers to the group, "Spiiiiiderhalfling!"

>Out of no where, a ki-lin gallops in.
Re: Spectral Warhorse 06/04/2014 02:09 AM CDT
Ah, here we go!

When I hunted the Black Moor in Ta'Illistim, I'd see this:
>A lesser moor wight raises one decaying arm in a series of mystical gestures, chanting an almost inaudible stream of prayers.
>A cold mist seeps up out of the ground, slowly dissipating to reveal a spectral black warhorse.
~Vanah

Don't ask me why tinyheroes.com keeps archives of GS posts better than the GS forums. I remembered that and did a google search on site:tinyheroes.com (and woops, always preview your posts on a forum without an edit button, especially when the table can totally bork the formatting when you do backslash instead of forward slash!)

Still, I'm curious what kind of terrain is in that area, and checking to see if the moor wights in River's Rest are identical in this regard. (Should be, but hey, I like to confirm facts not mere speculation.)

>(OOC) Rozy's player whispers to the group, "Spiiiiiderhalfling!"

>Out of no where, a ki-lin gallops in.
Re: Spectral Warhorse 07/14/2015 11:31 PM CDT
By the way, I finally found one in River's Rest. I was right about the terrain issues. I should have animated it after finding it and made it march around town (but I didn't have that much foresight, and I wasn't really even expecting to find one).

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p