What spell was this? 05/23/2013 11:44 PM CDT
So my spells started melting all at once while in OTF, so I hightailed it towards the portal. But on the way out, this happened:

An Ithzir initiate places one palm on his chest, and raises the other toward you!
A vibrant, amber aura builds around an Ithzir initiate. A quick buildup of light precedes a blaze of energy shooting through the air toward you!
CS: +395 - TD: +347 + CvA: -12 + d100: +100 == +136
Warding failed!
The blaze squarely impacts you, discharging the amber energy over your entire being for 57 points of damage!
The amber energy continues to ripple over you inflicting 39 points of damage ...
... dissipating with a final discharge of 23 points of damage!

I was at full health and suvived, but that was a bit of a surprise. I usually laugh at initiates. What spell was this?

Maynist
Re: What spell was this? 05/24/2013 12:24 AM CDT
>>What spell was this?

>>Maynist

Looks like divine wrath (335)

Re: What spell was this? 05/24/2013 02:34 AM CDT
Still have 5 dusts on Roh for you, Maynist. Will send you an email so we can try and sort out handover.

That spell was not Divine Wrath, looks more like Divine Fury or Fervent Reproach.

>>You slay me woman! ~ Wyrom

~*~ She conquers, who endures ~*~
Re: What spell was this? 05/24/2013 09:03 AM CDT
I would say that's Fervent Reproach (312), if you didn't have any wounds or RT at the end of it. It is a pure damage spell.
Re: What spell was this? 05/24/2013 11:43 AM CDT
Its a moderately boosted 312. It looks like its getting the bonus for one hand open in guarded channeling plus full charge, but it might be other combinations of channel/charge bonuses. Fully boosted you'd be taking another 50-70 damage.

Did you check its eye color? For PCs the 312 color messaging is based off the character's eyes, so the initiate should have amber eyes.
Re: What spell was this? 05/25/2013 02:10 AM CDT
Didn't check eye color.

Another 50-70 damage would have made it interesting, I would have had only 10-30hp left.

Guess I better watch the time left on my spells a bit more. With my usual spell set, the only real concerns are fighting too many critters at once, or running into a web. I can use CM DIVERT for the first problem and am using a gold wand for the webs (not ideal, but better than just waiting for the web to disappear on its own). I've been surviving the ocassional griffin flying lessons without too much trouble.

Maynist
Re: What spell was this? 07/15/2013 11:16 PM CDT
Thanks to Rohese I am been throwing fine opaline dust at the webs, which gets rid of them instantly.

Maynist
Re: What spell was this? 07/16/2013 02:32 AM CDT
Glad they're working out for you, Maynist. Let me know if you need anymore.

Roho

>>You slay me woman! ~ Wyrom

~*~ She conquers, who endures ~*~
Re: What spell was this? 07/16/2013 09:18 AM CDT
Saved me several times - the dust effect on a web is immediate.

Burning the webs with a gold wand does work, but it takes 15 seconds or so for the web to burn. And if you are forced to leave the room while the web is burning, you get significant fire wounds.

For someone who is largely not a magic user, this dust is the best method out there. I'm surprised more OTF hunters don't carry it.

Maynist