Webs in OTF 04/12/2013 04:18 PM CDT
How do I reduce the chance of being snared by a web in OTF? Every time this happens to me, every time, I die.

There have been situations where I type a direction, and before the move takes place, a critter walks in and casts a web. THEN I get caught by it.

What defenses does one have against being caught by a web?

Maynist
Re: Webs in OTF 04/12/2013 04:28 PM CDT

I should point out that I am a rogue, so using magic against the web isn't really an option.

If I walk into a room with a web, I might hide and wait it out. Otherwise, I teleport out.

Maynist
Re: Webs in OTF 04/12/2013 05:17 PM CDT
It's a hidden CS/TD spiritual check. If you can up your spiritual TD it will help. Beyond that, you can burn them as you go by with a wand/rod with a fire spell in it.
Re: Webs in OTF 04/12/2013 05:54 PM CDT
ahhhh, thanks - that helps.

Maynist
Re: Webs in OTF 04/12/2013 06:09 PM CDT

There is an alchemy item made specifically for this purpose isn't there?
Re: Webs in OTF 04/12/2013 06:28 PM CDT
There is dispel powder, which should do the trick. Good call.
Re: Webs in OTF 04/12/2013 06:42 PM CDT

At the next EG, buy some wearable Untrammel tattoos. They're great.

Also buy some untrammel dust from your local friendly alchemist.

-E
Re: Webs in OTF 04/12/2013 09:07 PM CDT
Fine opaline dust is the alchemy item, it works wonders. Webs drove me crazy in there too until I started stocking up on it.

There is also a pretty big TD pushdown when web is cast directly at you, I'd imagine it's there in the hidden one too. It sucks. A lot.
Re: Webs in OTF 04/13/2013 02:26 AM CDT
I'll gladly have Rohese make you a batch of Untrammel dust if you want to try it out.

~*~ She conquers, who endures ~*~
Re: Webs in OTF 04/15/2013 09:11 PM CDT
<I'll gladly have Rohese make you a batch of Untrammel dust if you want to try it out.>

That would be great! And let me know what I can do in return (or perhaps just provide some silvers). I can do a level 4 Armor Evasion which spellcasters seem to like.
Re: Webs in OTF 04/17/2013 07:31 AM CDT
Rohese has 5 handfuls of fine opaline dust for you, Maynist, with 5 doses in each. That should be enough for you to test it out. No recompense needed, I'm happy to help and put my alchemy to good use although I'd never refuse armor adjustment! Please let me know where, when and how I can get them to you.

~*~ She conquers, who endures ~*~
Re: Webs in OTF 05/23/2013 11:41 PM CDT
Rohese, tried emailing you but apparently wasn't successful. If your offer is still good, please contact me or post a note here.

Maynist