(no subject) 02/23/2012 06:10 PM CST

I don't have 20 minutes to find the right magic folder for this. So consider this my complaint.

An Ithzir seer becomes very still as he bows his head. He slowly raises his arms out to his sides until they are horizontal to the ground.
A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.
An Ithzir seer bows his head and places his hands over an Ithzir adept, and though the seer's lips do not move, you hear a single word spoken clearly and forcefully: "Koh!" A pale nimbus encircles the fallen adept, then fades into the corpse. The Ithzir adept awakens looking confused and somewhat drained!
The seer sags slightly, drained by the miraculous ordeal.

If a person attempts to create a sanctuary in front of a higher level creature, it fails.

OTF sanctuary casters appear to be BUGGED because although I am higher level than everything there, they NEVER fail to create a sanctuary. This is CLEARLY a bug because the spell is intended to fail occasionally in front of higher level opponents.
Re: (no subject) 02/23/2012 06:21 PM CST
If a person attempts to create a sanctuary in front of a higher level creature, it fails.
OTF sanctuary casters appear to be BUGGED because although I am higher level than everything there, they NEVER fail to create a sanctuary. This is CLEARLY a bug because the spell is intended to fail occasionally in front of higher level opponents.

The player cast version of minor sanctuary will occationally fail when cast in front of a higher level creature. Unfortunately the ithzir which cast minor sanctuary appear to be using a different version than we are. Would it be possible to introduce this failure chance when they attempt to cast minor sanctuary in front of higher level adventurers?

Which one of these is likely to received a more positive response? Not to say either one will result in a change but the prior, which is intentionally belligerent, is more likely to be ignored. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar and all that. Far be it from me to judge how others post but I can tell you from personal experience that the style I've seen you posting with recently is not going to lead anywhere good. Take that how you will.

Keith/Brinret

Five Jewish men who influenced the history of Wester Civilization:
Moses said the law is everything.
Jesus said love is everything.
Marx said capital is everything.
Freud said sex is everything.
Einstein said everything is relative.
Re: (no subject) 02/23/2012 06:39 PM CST
According to the spell description, it is hindered by enemy "creatures." Are you, in fact, a creature? Or are you a proud representative of your noble [elfin, dwarven, human, whatever] bloodline and heritage?

Phrased less confrontationally, "Non-player characters--including all monsters--frequently have different capabilities than Player Characters. Including spells that appear identical, but operate differently after all."
Re: (no subject) 02/23/2012 07:16 PM CST

<<Phrased less confrontationally, "Non-player characters--including all monsters--frequently have different capabilities than Player Characters. Including spells that appear identical, but operate differently after all.">>

>213
You trace a sign while petitioning the spirits to bestow their aid with the Minor Sanctuary spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

I point out the obvious parts and bold them so they can be seen easily if you're scanning posts. I didn't even know about this folder, and with zero GM replies in this folder I hope my BOLDING helps someone locate this bug.
Re: (no subject) 02/23/2012 09:59 PM CST
Other issues might need to be looked at first?

[Old Ta'Faendryl, West]
You notice a gleaming crystal-edged broadsword, a gleaming steel broadsword, a battered gold box, a gleaming steel broadsword and a gleaming military fork.
Obvious paths: east, southwest
>put sword in my harness
You put a sharpened golvern short sword in your leaf-braided harness.
>
An Ithzir scout fades into view!
An Ithzir scout drops his steel broadsword and snatches up a gleaming crystal-edged broadsword!
An Ithzir scout swings a gleaming crystal-edged broadsword at you!
AS: +414 vs DS: +430 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +90 = +104
... and hits for 1 point of damage!
Glancing blow to your right leg!

An Ithzir scout's crystal-edged broadsword emits a searing bolt of lightning!

... 30 points of damage!
Electric blast goes right to the heart! You'll miss that steady beat.
Your SIGN OF SMITING is no longer effective.
The deep blue glow leaves you.
Deep blue motes swirl away from you and fade.
The white light leaves you.
The very powerful look leaves you.
Your SIGN OF DEFLECTION is no longer effective.
You feel the inner strength leave you.
Your SIGN OF STRIKING is no longer effective.
You feel less in tune with your natural surroundings.
You are no longer moving silently.
The light blue glow leaves you.
You feel the aura of confidence leave you.
You seem to lose the thorny barrier that surrounds you.
Your SIGN OF WARDING is no longer effective.
You sense that your attunement to the minds of others has ceased.
The powerful look leaves you.
You return to normal color.
The air about you stops shimmering.
Your SIGN OF SWORDS is no longer effective.
You no longer feel so dextrous.
Your SIGN OF SHIELDS is no longer effective.
Your SIGN OF DEFENDING is no longer effective.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 16 mins...

The Ithzir scout quickly cleans the fresh blood from his crystal-edged broadsword with a few wipes across your clothing.

No encumberance, no wounds just a fried mind attempting to pick up a box and head to the cottage.
Re: (no subject) 02/24/2012 09:59 AM CST
Not sure what the "issue" is that you want looked at. This is pretty much standard for that area; those crystal-edged weapons are notorious for doing death flares on a 1-2 damage hit. Moral: don't leave those lying on the ground where scouts can grab them. Oh, and it works both ways; I gave a couple of those to my TWC warrior. Nice flares; too bad they are 0x weapons.

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me
Re: (no subject) 02/24/2012 10:11 AM CST
I will chime in on my dislike of the instant sanct and raise effects as well. Nothing like killing a foe and while in RT a seer walks in, sancts, and raises it. Before the "update" from Oscuto because he said they were failing to raise often enough, you could at least try and loot them before the second cast.

AIM: GS4Menos

>Here lies the formless world we´re living in
>Gravity is finally giving in
>High altitudes and still upward we go
>I was never meant to lead but to follow
Re: (no subject) 02/24/2012 06:51 PM CST

<<I will chime in on my dislike of the instant sanct and raise effects as well. Nothing like killing a foe and while in RT a seer walks in, sancts, and raises it. Before the "update" from Oscuto because he said they were failing to raise often enough, you could at least try and loot them before the second cast.>>

Thanks for getting the thread back on track. To the hi-jacker, get used to it. Spell tank or train better.

Since there have been ZERO GM replies in this thread EVER. I doubt it's even the right folder to have this conversation. It would be changed by the magic team, not by some Illistim hunting guru, which I doubt even exists.

They cast minor sanctuary (213), mechanics should be consistent and they should fail if a higher level player is in the room when cast.

Less annoying mechanics please, this is a game, it is supposed to be fun. It is not fun to have a spell fail as a player, and then work 100% when a creature uses it against you. That's called frustrating.

GM's, do you read this folder?
Are you a GM that actually has any authority over this issue?

Let's see how long it takes for those questions to be answered, if ever.
Re: (no subject) 02/24/2012 10:28 PM CST
GM's read this topic.

Yes, there HAVE been GM responses in this topic in the past. There have also been bugs fixed in the past that were fixed because of posts in this topic ALONG WITH bug reports about them in-game. But there needs to be a bug report in-game about it so that it can be easily tracked and investigated on whether it is considered truly a bug or not.

No, I personally do not have authority over fixing this proposed problem.

-Aulis
Re: (no subject) 02/24/2012 11:25 PM CST
Ugh.

Ok, who had the 3 to 4 hour slot in the pool? Wish it was me.

Doug
Re: (no subject) 02/25/2012 03:05 PM CST
My sword had not hit the bottom of my harness and i was dead. All them crystal edge blades and forks get totted out and sold at the pawn shop or I'll drop them in the cottage where they can't be snatched up. Just didn't care for a 1 hp shot and a death crit to follow.