Can't login with StormFront on 1 specific character 12/25/2017 07:11 AM CST
I am so frustrated with this issue. I can login to SF on every other character. My character Phades, I can only login with ever FE except for SF. I tried reinstalling SF, I turned UAC off, and a couple other things I found searching around for an answer.

Finally, I deleted all my partitions, reinstalled windows, turned off UAC, loaded nothing but the game launcher and SF, still got the error that it couldn't load storm.skn. I even downloaded the stealth.skn, logged in with another character to change to that one. When I try to login with Phades, now it says "You must enter the game via the website. Would you like to go there now?" That just opens up the same page I am already on.

Before I reloaded my laptop I tried launching through lich and SGE. Both have the exact same result. I have tried IE and Chrome. Not really sure what I could possibly do next.
Re: Can't login with StormFront on 1 specific character 12/25/2017 10:22 AM CST
So I want to be sure I understand this.

You've done everything (from simple changes to blowing away your system and reinstalling).

You have several characters you can successfully play on StormFront.

You have one character that always gives you the error 'cannot load storm.skn'.

Is all that accurate?

And have you tried logging in with Wizard, moving to a new location (across town?) and then logging out and trying with SF again?

Doug
Re: Can't login with StormFront on 1 specific character 12/25/2017 11:56 AM CST
Correct. I logged in and moved from the temple to the bank to the inn inside the landing in the wizard and browser.

When reloading my laptop, I even tried windows 10 home and pro. Currently using pro with nothing loaded but windows, launcher, SF, and wizard.
Re: Can't login with StormFront on 1 specific character 12/25/2017 02:23 PM CST
Yep. If it is working for one, you are right in thinking it should work for all. Two more things:

1) Do you keep your SF settings, such as highlight strings, macros and SF scripts on the (default setting) server? Or did you change that to save those settings local?

2) Doors this character have any really unique items in inventory? Especially worn containers with special open/close, or moods script?

I feel we should be looking for something specific to the character, like a special container that is hanging the inventory window, or a lot of scripts (over the recommended storage size.)

Doug
Re: Can't login with StormFront on 1 specific character 12/25/2017 02:53 PM CST

1) Yes, I have the default settings on SF.

2) Pretty sure I have no scripted or special items of any kind, but just in case, I took everything off him. Same result.
Re: Can't login with StormFront on 1 specific character 12/25/2017 02:56 PM CST

I changed SF to store everything locally, restarted, same result
Re: Can't login with StormFront on 1 specific character 12/25/2017 03:05 PM CST
Ok, we will start there. I am at the airport, and so cannot validate this by checking -- going from memory here. Hopefully others will correct errors.

Log in with one of the working characters. You are looking for OPTIONS -> SETTINGS -> LOCATION. Change it to local.

This is for practice, since I believe this is a per-character setting. Now give it a couple of minutes to pull everything down local.

Log out, and log in with the paladin. Do the same, but wait at least 5 minutes after the setting change, even if you see nothing happening.

Now log out and test all characters.

Doug
Re: Can't login with StormFront on 1 specific character 12/25/2017 03:08 PM CST
Heh. I am too slow!

Ok, we need to know if the character is actually getting in, and will likely need a GM to help, so-- start up an assist from wizard. I will check in when I get to a computer.

Doug